Cd Cloning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd Cloning

Could someone help me out with instructions on how to use CloneCd and/or alcohol 120% programs ?????

I've tried various methods using both these programs and dont seem to be able to get any joy at all....
    I've tried various different original cd's, games etc to copy to blank cd, but still nothing,,,,,do these programs auto set themselves up, or do ya need to change settings etc for various different formats manually ??? I thought it was just a case of clicking the "copy cd" option ???????
    Please advise, cheers,

P.s,
    Before anyone starts telling me about the rules concerning copyright etc,,,,,hold on,,,,,,,I contacted the Cd companies that produced the disks I'am working with and as far as they are concerned its ok to do what I'am doing as long as I only use the disks for my own pleasure, as I am doing............Once you've bought the disk you've bought the licence too,,,or something like that,,,,,,,,anyway the main thing is that I'am not breaking the law and I'am only asking for advise on using a perfectly legal program.

If you have a Clonecd version with the option of a virtual clone drive you could try to write an image first, then mount the virtual drive with the image if the software runs you know the image is ok. This could prevent some nice coasters from being made.
    If that works, just burn from the image. I tried some different settings, but I couldn't notice any differences in the burning.
    I only used alcohol once, but I find cloneCD much better.
    If you are still having doubts: http://www.clonecd.net/
    good luck!

Comment

for some reason i think my drive/s arent compatible,,,,do you think this could be the case ??:cheers:

Comment

Ok let's start from the beginning: which version of clonecd do you have and which drives? I and you just want to make a 1 on 1 copy?

Comment

ok, I have version 3.0.6.1 of clonecd and my cd reading drive is a mat****a-dvd-rom sr-8586 and I'am not sure what type of writer drive I have,,,, its not got a name to it in system hardware properties,,,just says R/RW 8X4X32 DMA MODE 2...........and I would like to be able to make one on one copies and also learn some more about copying ISO files etc while i'am at it too.......
          Please advise....:cheers:

P.S
          I have cloney and alcohol programs too.

Comment

I have used Alcohol 120% to create legal copies of cd's on several occasions .... sometimes they work out ... sometimes they don't. Last cd writer I had did not support RAW mode and was real good at making coasters ... newer one works most times.

In my experience Alcohol must be configured to match the medium to be burned (especially games). Best info on alcohol is found on their own website in the forums http://forum.alcohol-software.com/ . Not going to give a direct link from here (prolly getting dangerously close to legal questions for this site) but if you look at their sticky threads you will find a link to a webpage that will show you what type of cd copy protection is on what games. Once you have the cd protection info then you will have a better idea as to what setting you need with the Alcohol program.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

thomson1968, you don't know what burner you have? Doesn't CloneCd recognize it?

Comment

Where do I look in clonecd for the type of burner i have,,,,I had a look but I dont see where I could find that info ????
                As I said too, in the control panel under system properties, my burner isnt named, its just listed like i've said before in one of the last posts i made...
                Please advise. :cheers:

Comment

Thomas, Clone cd should automatically detect both your cd drives.
                  Just open up Clone cd and click the double disk pic and see if they both show up in there.
                  So long as they are both pictured there you should be right to go.

This is how they should be shown.

Comment

Ok, it does show both my reader and writer drive just like you have shown in the picture, but the writer drive still doesnt have a name as i said before, I,E - Its not called a sony or a panasonic, its just listed as IDE-CD R/RW 8X4X32.
                    I've copied and pasted what it says here in clonecd about the reader drive.....
                    Device Capabilities:
                    Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
                    Manufacturer: MAT****A
                    Product: DVD-ROM SR-8586
                    Revision: 3G24
                    Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
                    Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
                    Can read DVD Discs: Yes
                    Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
                    Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
                    Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes

And now the writer drive.....Device Capabilities:
                    Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
                    Manufacturer: IDE-CD
                    Product: R/RW 8x4x32
                    Revision: C1.9
                    Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
                    Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
                    Can read DVD Discs: No
                    Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
                    Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
                    Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
                    Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
                    Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
                    Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
                    Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
                    Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: No
                    Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: No
                    Supports Burn Proof / Just Link: No

Please advise me, cheers,

:cheers:

Comment

Sorry Thomas I can't answer the question as to how to find out the particular name of your writing drive, maybe when it was set up,the configuration of it wasn't done properly.
                      Maybe break open your case and see if there is anything written on the writer itself. Unless you've got the manual for it I don't have any other ideas.
                      (one of the hardware gurus might be able to enlighten you).

As for using Clone Cd your set and ready to go!:shrug:

Comment

sounds like you need a driver... windows is just supplying you with a very generic driver

what does the front bezel of the cd-rw say? is there any indication of the manufacturer? if not you can pull the drive out and it will say on the top of the drive somewhere (usually on a large sticker near the back). once you get the appropriate info you should be able to download the correct driver

Comment

nothing on the front, i'll have to wait and open her up to have a look !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X