Mysterious program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious program

I recently ran a scan of my computer with reg Cleaner and there was a program called DennisRe. I didnt recognize it so I deleted it. I ran another scan and the program came back under another name. I know this because there is a wierd symbol at the end of the name. I have deleted the program 20 times now under different names and it keeps comming back. Norton says I am clean and I even ran some spyware stuff. Everything says I am clean. I only see this title with Reg Clean. Any ideas what it is? Please, help! I really don't want too reformatt and reload the OS again. Thanx...................

Perhaps you have installed Archive Explorer or any program from www.dennisre.com ?

Comment

Bingo.......... I went there and yes I loaded a trial version of their Audio conversion software. I used the included uninstaller however I still have the same file showing up on Reg cleaner. I delete it and it comes back under a different title. This can't be a good thing. Any ideas on how to find the file and get rid of it?

Comment

Try the old www.spybot.com or www.lavasoft.com for adaware and update first and then run. Easy.

HTH:)

Comment

I ran both already. cleaned alot of junk out of the computer but not the desired file. I am just going to reformatt and reinstall things again. There goes the rest of my day. Thanx

Comment

Go to www.jv16.org Download it. Create a restore point in windows. Use the registry tools in jv16 and delete everything it finds. Except the entries with a red ball in front of it.

This cleared some junk of my pc a few times now.

Comment

I finally gave in and reformatted and reloaded the os. What ever it was it was not related to Dennisre software. It just took on that title until I deleted it then it searched through my computer and clonned another name based on whatever software I had loaded on my computer. I don't know how long it has been hiding on my computer. Whatever it was it certainly was a tricky little thing. Anyone else ever see a program behave like that?

Comment

when u suspect a virus or something else like that, you should not just depend on the AV you have installed on ur PC...rather go for an online scan.
                that is the most reliable way when u want to go for a scan.
                Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                ======================
                jabber : [email protected]
                =======================
                Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                X