Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help!

Heya all.

Well i'm having this WEIRD problem with MSN 5.0 and MSN 6.0. If i open either one of these two, it opens, he starts to sign in automaticly (wich is normal) and then he signs in. But about 0.1 second after that MSN totaly freezes and i can do nothing with it but go to taskmanager and close it. I reinstalled MSN, the problem stays. I've looked several days for a solution but I havn't found a thing. I ended up in completely formatting my PC and reinstalling windows. The problem stays. Weirdest thing is, it the problem popped up one day and i since that day i wasnt able to us MSN 5.0 or 6.0. Using it before was no problem. I'm currently using MSN 4.7 but i hate it and i want to switch back to MSN 5.0 or 6.0 asap. My OS is Windows XP Pro and i'm running it on a AMD Athlon XP 2000+. I'm not new to computers and computer problems but i never encountered a problem like this. I hope you guys can give me some help. Thx

Madmartigan

Should I even dare to suggest Trillian? :confused:

Comment

Yes, you should. It is the only way that folks will learn that MSN sucks almost as bad as AIM.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I liked trillian soo much i went out and got the pro version:thumb:

Comment

it is more or less a problem with msn server rather than your PC or msn messenger.
          wait for a few days for them to resolve it.
          i wasn't able to login to msn a few days earlier...seems to me that they are making some security changes after the big news about "how easy it is to reset password of any one in hotmail".

you said you formatted cos msn was not working...now that is addiction mate...:wow: :laugh:

anyways...give a try to trillian...u won't be bothered to touch any thing else. :)
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Madmartigan - Is MSN your ISP?
            :-(

Comment

Isn't there also a problem with having TWO MSN's installed??? Thought I read that somewhere...

Trillian is the way to go though...

Comment

imo that shd not be a problem.
                i had like 3 messengers from msn...windows messenger 4.7...msn 5 and msn 6.
                don't ask me why i had then all...cos even i don't know why...may be its just freaky me about applications but i installed them when i wasn't able to login to msn from windows messenger.

though i mostly use trillian...:thumb:
                Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                ======================
                jabber : [email protected]
                =======================
                Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                X