• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiggo
    Maybe he had a bad night at work and missed his medication. :shrug:
    Hey now, don't be so harsh on me.. :no:

I do use some freeware:

Winamp (who can live without it)
    Icq (even been running trillian for awhile)
    Daemon (awesome)

Just to mention some.. I'm just a bit picky of what is allowed to enter my precious harddrives.. :laugh:

No but seriously, get me a freeware that can replace Photoshop 7.0 or Dreamweaver MX for example and then we talk.. :devil win

When you want something for free, the truth is that in almost 100% of the cases you have to sacrify something. The saying "you get what you pay for" is a good rule..

Augie10 thx I'm always trying to be fair.. I'm always trying to create an opinion about things before I judge.. :cheers:

I have NEVER told anyone not to dl and run this or that, I'm just pointing out what's alowed here and not.. ;)

Comment

To say it the "freaky" way, my computers are

C.L.E.A.N

:shrug:

Comment

Define clean.

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
          No but seriously, get me a freeware that can replace Photoshop 7.0 ...
          ever heard of GIMP?

there's a good replacement for photoshop:
          GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

photoshop is a bit more polished, but as for what they can do...they're pretty much the same

as for dreamweaver, I havn't found a good open source replacement, but I havn't been looking either....I'm sure there is one, it just has to be found

Comment

ever heard of GIMP?
            Hehe, sounds like the beginning of a flamewar to me, but what do I know. But back to the subject, from what I understand, even though Gimp does a fine job with photo editing, it does not have the ability to replace Photoshop, at least for professional users. Matter of fact here is a little blurb from the gimp.org/win32 website regarding this:

Warnings

The program(s) might crash unexpectedly or behave otherwise strangely. (But of course, so do many commercial programs on Windows.) The stability seems to depend a lot on the machine, display drivers, other software installed, and whatnot. Presumably the more memory you have, the better GIMP works. (For any real image work, I would say 128 megabytes is minimum.) Many people do find GIMP very useful. But it is not a Photoshop killer (for real Photoshop users, that is), Photoshop has lots of features that the GIMP lacks.

Anyhow, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade or anything of the sort, but rather just sharing an opinion.

Peace!
            LogixRat
            P-)

Comment

Originally posted by logixrat
              Warnings

The program(s) might crash unexpectedly or behave otherwise strangely. (But of course, so do many commercial programs on Windows.) The stability seems to depend a lot on the machine, display drivers, other software installed, and whatnot. Presumably the more memory you have, the better GIMP works. (For any real image work, I would say 128 megabytes is minimum.)
              well that appllies to just about everthing that runs on a PC, including the OS ;)

i do know that I havn't had a single problem with it on the 3 different machines I have here, or missed anything from photoshop

GIMP might not be for the hardcore professional, but it can certainly do the job for the rest of us : peace2:

Comment

Just implemented a major update of the entire site with updated layout and content. Enjoy :)
                Favourite Freeware Downloads

High Quality Wallpapers

Comment

Site now at :

Much faster and no adverts. Also not attached to ISP.
                  Finally over 10,000 hits.
                  Any suggestions?
                  Favourite Freeware Downloads

High Quality Wallpapers

Comment

Working...
                  X