Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you uninstall Personal Antivirus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you uninstall Personal Antivirus??

I accidentally install the personal antivirus thinking that it was from my real virus protection and instead installed this mess of a program that's totally ruining my computer. It won't give me the option of uninstalling it either. I have looked at websites trying to get rid of it and I just keep getting the same one and it doesn't help at all. Does anyone know what I can do? My mom is going to be pissed when all these pop ups about viruses that don't even exist keep popping up 24/7. And, it won't let me on a bunch of websites either. Ahh! Help please, asap!!!!!! Thanks!!!

Re: How do you uninstall Personal Antivirus??

If it is urging you to pay for there software to remove so-called infection on your computer. Then you are infected. They are trying to sell there fake product to you (basically a Scam).

Comment

Try ⇨ Start ⇨ Control Panel ⇨ Add/Remove Programs ⇨ select uninstall
      If not work restore your OS.

Comment

What you have is a classic case of malware-infected anti-malware, or anti-virus if you will. This is why just because a program has "anti" in its name doesn't mean it can actually protect you from anything.

Comment

Format the drive and reinstall OS

Comment

One word....

SUPERAntiSpyware

Done.

Download this unusually named edition to keep the malware from blocking it, or try this Portable edtiion. Then execute (its a .bat file, since most malware block .exe) while in regular windows and safe mode. Then download the free SUPERAntiSpyware product by normal means, and run that until it finds no more threats. It has tools included in the "preferences" button in one of the last tabs to repair damage to the OS.

Doing a OS reinstall often is the best solution, but if you have irreplaceable software or cannot have the system down for a number of hours to reinstall everything, then this solution would work great.

I also noticed the thread was started in 2009. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
            X