I want to start using FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to start using FTP

I just learned what this term means (File transfer protocol). How can I use it to transfer files to my freinds computer. Is there another way to do it throught windows Command Prompt. like tftp or something? Is there a way to transfer the fiels to his computer just knowing his IP address?

Darkerick,

There are many good ftp programs out there like WSFTP or CuteFTP.

The computer you are trying to transfer files to must be set up with ftp and have the appropriate ports open for you to be able to connect.

Comment

imo if you want to transfer files to just one computer then "HyperTerminal" is a nice choice and you won't need to install any additional software either.
      it comes with Windows since 95. both of you guys will need a Windows based PC with an installed modem and working telephone connection.
      HyperTerminal can be found at
      Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> Communications --> HyperTerminal.
      you can learn more abt the program by using the inbuilt help feature.
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

we both have dsl. will this still work. And where can I go to learn more about ftp?

Comment

Try Filezilla and the server. Good docs on how to setup and run. Open source(free)

Comment

the other day. This kid in the library tranfered fiels over the network. Using tftp GET destination or something in command prompt. then he saved the text in a batch file. what did he do and how can you transfer files to another computer across the world like that?

Comment

im reading this guide to an ftp client. It says your first have to connect to a server. Right there IM lost. How can I find one and what am I connected to when im connected. And then once im connected, how can I transfer the files from there to my freinds computer?

Comment

Working...
              X