No announcement yet.

how much could i get for my computer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much could i get for my computer???

amd athlon xp 2800+ on a au31 mobo 1.5 gig of ddr 160 gb hard drive. dvd rw and a cd rom drive, 8-1 media reader 5 usb 2.0 slots windows xp home,430w power supply all parts are pretty much brand new bc i made bestbuy repair it completly with my warenty that i regret getting lol

Re: how much could i get for my computer???

Not sure what currency you deal in or what country your hail from but I hate to tell you that the thing is probably not worth very much. I've seen new systems with higher specs selling for ~$350 CAD. $200 - $250 maybe? Hard to say what you may get away with if you tried Ebay.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yeah, PC parts prices have taken a HUGE dive lately. You can build a NEW AM2 X2 system for $400 nowadays. Resale is horrible on the older stuff now.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

yeah i wasen't expecting too much but i figured i would see how good people think it would sell ill mabey ebay it at 200 starting and see if i get up abit who knows.. thanks though guys

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
          Yeah, PC parts prices have taken a HUGE dive lately. You can build a NEW AM2 X2 system for $400 nowadays. Resale is horrible on the older stuff now.
          how much do u think id get 4 mine in britain?

pentium 4 3.4gb 650 with zalman 9500 led cooler
          sony dvdram-rw 18x
          250gb diamond max 21 sata hdd
          asrock quad core dual vista mobo
          550w power supplyasus en7600gt graphic card fitted with a zalman vf900 heatsinknfan
          gamin case in blue and black with temp display and blue leds on the corners of my door.
          5 4 led blue case fans with 2green and 2 blue 1.5m neon string that are wrapped round the psu cables (the psu cables are already wrapped in mesh) 2x12'' red cathode sound reactive

it does have the ablity to fit an asus en8800gts or a 1950 gecube, but dont know if its worth fittin. My choice id put a 8800 in, but think if i stuck this card in it my show a lot of interest in my pc. People wud dribble at my case modding as it is awesum and to go on top of it its my first case mod!!
          i can honestly say im a virgin never done it, b4 a few months ago a family member looked at me stupid, cos i didnt know how to install xp, they were probably thinkin quit while your ahed!!
          Altho we did find out that the hdd had to be set in slave and couldnt take bein in the master position

i originally paid :

win xp ready loaded and plus loads of software (downloaded versions)

Comment

also all my stuff is under 3 months old all new when bought
            just lookin to sell to make newer big bad boy plus its fun to put em together put mine together and installed xp in 2 hours

Comment

I won't be the first to tell you that selling a custom built computer sucks.

First off, you will NOT get your money back in full for the hours and cash you've invested in the computer. This is because prices come down over time as technology gets better. People want the latest and greatest. Unfortunately, the P4 has been phased out with Core 2 Duo.

Second, you really need to completely erase the hard drive. Even though it may have XP and a number of programs, it might have traces of your personal information. Plus, you would have to provide all the receipts for the programs downloaded,

Third, why don't you save some of the standard things? I mean the things that every computer must have. DVD drive, HD, PSU, video? If the PSU isn't too bad, you can keep it. You could also keep the 7600 and add another 7600 to the new setup. Also, you might want to keep the modded case for ease of use on the future setup.

Last, even though it may have the socket to install an 8800, it will be VERY bogged down because of the processor limitations.

Just to give you an idea, I saw a Core 2 Duo setup similiar to yours sell on Anandtech for $600 or about 300 pounds. You might be better off selling the computer for parts.

Comment

You'll never get your money back considering PC parts prices have dropped so dramatically lately and there will be noone around here that would be willing to buy a PC like that. It is outdated tech unfortunately.
                GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                PC P&C 500W PSU
                2TB Seagate
                Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
                X