X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would my comp be worth

how much do u guys think i can sell my computer for all specs are in my sig

Re: How much would my comp be worth

I'd say its pretty worthless and outdated, I mean your cpu is about 8 months old and your videocard is well useless and worthless. I would really hate to be in your situation. Good luck on getting 10$ for that system. LOL ZACH!!

Comment

$600US give or take a few bucks. This stuff is as bad as a new car, value drops 1/3 the second you use it.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

I'd say $620-700 USD, depending on the condition of everything as well as when and where you sell. Add another $60-100 if you're including a legal copy of Windows XP with the COA. That price range will also vary based on the physical condition of everything and the included cooling system. If you can provide potential buyers a screenshot of Prime95 running for a long time (8-24) hours as well as CPU-Z while the thing is overclocked, it might increase the price as well.

If I were to list it on Anandtech (which is where I buy and sell computer stuff, minus when I get stuff from Newegg or eBay), I'd probably start it off at $700 OBO (or best offer) shipped to the lower 48 states (assuming there's no copy of XP). I wouldn't want to let it go for much less than $650 + shipping on eBay, either.

Comment

well thanks alot guys i have spent about 800 on this computer i was thinking i could get like 900 on ebay because there are some pople that would do that

Comment

Um... Why did you think it would increase in value at all? Computer hardware depreciates very rapidly. Sure, there are people willing to spend a little more for a a computer that's already working, but not that much more. That computer just isn't worth that much to anyone in their right mind anyway you look at it.

Comment

well i have seen computers on ebay way crapier than mine for like a $1000 lol

Comment

Crappier in what ways? An Intel Extreme Edition processor pales in comparison to that in most tasks, especially if overclocking is taken into consideration. However, the Extreme Edition processor also costs more than most or all of that computer.

Also, when did you see these computers? Unless it was within about the last month, it would makes sense for them to be more expensive. Hardware depreciates very quickly, and a lot that hardware has depreciated rapidly in the last few months. The video card, RAM, processor, motherboard, and power supply are all losing value very quickly because newer and better stuff is coming out, has come out, or is coming out very soon.

Finally, remember how I said that the prices I gave were without XP? The computers you saw almost certainly had XP bundled with them. If yours does, make sure you add around $60-100, depending on if it's Upgrade, OEM, or Retail as well as Pro, Media Center, or Home.

Comment

For what reason are you planning on selling your system, Im sure its fast enough... dual cores are actualy slower in a lot of situations.

Comment

i dont want to sell i just wanted to see what you guys would think oh and yawgm0th
                    it was a while ago i have to cheack and see again on ebay ok thanks guys

Comment

I'm selling my XPS and I want to know how much is worth if anyone interested please contact me [email protected]. So here are the spec's let me remind you this computer is a year old.

Dimenion XPS Gen 4 Series, Intel Pentium 560 (3.6GHz,800SB) w/HT
                      Technology and 1MB cache
                      2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
                      Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Desktop Solution
                      256MB Nvidia Geforce 6800 Graphic Card
                      Serial ATA RAID 0 With Dual 250GB Hard Drives
                      3.5 Floppy Drive
                      Dell Application Back-up CD, Factory Install
                      No logging,Dell Support
                      Image Restore
                      Microsoft Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 2, English
                      Windows Media Player 10
                      Mouse included in Logitech Wireless Package
                      Intel Pro 1000 Integrated PCI NIC Card
                      56k PCI Data Fax Modem
                      Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
                      48xCD-RW and 16x DVD+/-RW
                      Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS THX Certified Sound Card With DVD
                      Dell 5650 5.1 Surrond Sound Speakers System with Subwoofer
                      PowerDVD software Decoding forDVD Drives
                      Music Match 9.0 Basic
                      Paint Shop Photo Album 5.1 Standard
                      Broadband Icon for Inspiron
                      4 year Limited Warranty
                      Dell Media Experience 3.0 Basic
                      Technical Support, 3 Years Extended- Initial Year
                      Soft Contacts- Qualxserve
                      Word Perfect Productivity Pack
                      Dell all in one printer

Comment

You'll be lucky to see $750 US for it. There is no upgrade path for a PC like that and the market for one is for someone looking for a second PC or a starter PC. Do not take offense to my estimate as I am sure you paid quite a bit more for it. PC's are worth 1/2 of what you paid for them the first time you hit the power button.
                        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                        PC P&C 500W PSU
                        2TB Seagate
                        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Well I hate to admit it, but even my main rig with the H2o wouldnt even get half what I have in it. I have spent well over $2000+ for it and I bet I wouldnt get more then $1200, w/OS, for it. As for my backup rig, well I wouldnt get even $1000, w/OS, out of it. So I know how you feel!

Here's the deal for me though, I am so happy with both my rigs, that I wont even think of upgrading to a new CPU(AM2/CoreDuel), Mobo and all that goes with that type of upgrade, complete new system basicly! So, here I am, happy with what I have and thinking it will be a year before I jump that hurdle.

As long as its worth it to you, thats all that matters. Im my mind I have the best system out and thats what counts! Many will say its junk, out of date, slow, P.O.S. and thats fine, they are not me and they dont use it and they never will! For the games I play and the video editing I do, its way more then I even need but its future proof to me and thats that!

You can never stay up to date with everything, well if you had money to burn and wanted to replace parts every week, you could. Most of use cant do that, and to sit and think, every time a new item comes out, that you need to upgrade your system, is not a positive way of thinking. Yes its ok to have your wish list, but is another to act on that, every single time something better comes to the market!

So, dont worry, be happy!

Comment

If im only gaming should I get a Dual core or single, im not a multi-tasker ussually.
                            I've heard people say that single core is better for gaming, but i'm not sure, Which would have a higher resale value?

I'm asking this ? b/c I wanna know about resale value, so its not too irrelevant.

Comment

definately dual core. some games would see a slow down, but modern games (quake 4, oblivion, GRAW, etc) are dual core optimized in the patches for them. also, if you have 1 or 2 kickass graphics cards, there will be less of a bottleneck. if its a reasonably fast cpu, then there wont even be much of a slowdown.

Comment

Working...
                              X