Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Camera Recommendations for $1000AUD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting worse and worse. The more I read, the more confusing the decision gets. I love all the features of the Olympus C730UZ, but a lot of people on digital camera forums are telling me that if I want A3 printouts I need atleast 4MP which means getting a Canon G3 or something, but the macro on that isn't anything flash. Then there's the Nikon Coolpix 4500, great macro, but as ugly as sin and only has a 4X optical zoom. I even you so much Mr.Tweak for having actually made a decision

Comment

Ok, I've made the decision. I had to significantly increase my budget, but it should mean I'll have a camera that'll fulfil my needs for many years to come (as long as it doesn't break:rolleyes2 )

I've decided to go with the Olympus C-5050 which will cost me about $1450 from www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au . The 3X optical lense is nothing to rave about, but can be countered by attaching a telephoto lense down the track sometime. It is a 5MP camera which will be great for those A3 blow ups, and has a Macro range as close as 2cm, plus a host of other cool features. The great thing is it's a good $500-$800 cheaper than most of the other 5MP cameras, and is infact cheaper than a lot of the 4MP cameras as well.

Comment

Working...
      X