Question about which vid card to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about which vid card to buy?

Abit Gf4 Ti 4200 with 8X and OTES system.....the 9500 pro....or any other Ti 4200 128mb-8x video card....just want to know your opinion...

I'd go for the 9500Pro - it beats the Ti4200 in almost all benchmarks - especially w/the AA & AF turned up

...not to mention all the urban myths of people buying 3rd party 128mb 9500's & finding out they have a 256bit memory bus:eek:

Comment

If you decide on a Geforce 4 card, then consider purchasing the Argos GF4 4200ti 8x SE, it comes with ramsinks,
      and a standard cooler, however if noise does't bother you then go for Abit's OTES card.
      The ATi Radeon 9500pro is a great card, certainly faster than the 4200, but they've still got problems with their drivers.
      Alternatively, if you're not in a hurry, consider waiting for Nvidia's NV31 which should be available around March/April time.

Comment

thank you for the advice...i would want the new nvidia fx nv30 card...but money is somewhat of an issue...if not..then i would've gone for the fx or the 9700 pro....but ill consider the 9500 pro because i've heard great reviews on it so far...thank you for the input

Comment

Originally posted by weta

but they've still got problems with their drivers.
          I haven't had any problems with ATi drivers since the very early R8500 drivers & maybe a couple of beta releases (they're beta's for a reason)

I still believe that most people who have problems haven't thouroughly cleaned out the drivers from their last video card and/or don't know how to install ATi drivers properly

Comment

Fair comment, the last ATi product I purchased was a Rage Fury Maxx which worked ok for me. My remark was
            based on articles I've read, and feedback from forums, friends etc. But can all these people be wrong RDR?

Comment

Neither have i (problems with drivers)....with my friends 9700Pro....
              - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                Fair comment, the last ATi product I purchased was a Rage Fury Maxx which worked ok for me. My remark was
                based on articles I've read, and feedback from forums, friends etc. But can all these people be wrong RDR?
                the Rage Fury Maxx was not a great product - I've no argument there.....I do spend a little time at the Rage 3D forums - there does seem to be a lot of people who pull out their Geforce, plug in their Radeon install the catalyst divers over the old detonators, and wonder why they have problems:rolleyes:
                the vast majority are directed to a driver installing/unistalling guide and come back a day later happy as can be

I recall the same problem about 2 years ago when everybody was replacing their Voodoo's with GF2's and cursing nVidia for buggy drivers.

the majority of the people I've communicated with, who:
                1) actually have an ATi product
                2) know how to install drivers properly
                have no real complaints about the drivers - or as least not significantly more than can be said of nvidia drivers

Comment

thanks you guys..ok let me ask a broader question...because i might be focused on a couple cards....which chipset to go with...and also which company has the best performance....and/or which card you recommend out of the many out there on the market right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X