What should i buy for a new PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i buy for a new PC?

I was wondering what new stuff you guys think i should buy for my PC? My budget is only 1,000 dollars though. Like what new stuff should i get to make it a gaming PC.

This is what i have now like in my computer now not that im getting im asking u guys what u think i should get:

Biostar M7VIB DDR VIA KT266 motherboard
    ATX 320W Case
    512 MB DDR PC2100 Ram
    AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz CPU
    64 Mb ATI Radeon 7500 video card
    17" Philips Monitor

Where are you getting these prices...?:confused:

In my opinion...that is not the best PC for 1000 bucks...you can get a PC ten times better than that...

Take a look at newegg.com...

Try to stay away from Biostar...look into ASUS, ABit, Epox, or Soyo.
    For the good price EPOX or Abit will be a good choice. Also if you can't get a new nForce 2 Board get at least the KT333.
    - Damien

Comment

i ment like that stuff i have written down is the stuff in my PC right now and i was wondering what you guys think i should buy 4 a good gaming PC but only spend around 1,000 dollars

Comment

Oh, i'm so sorry about that man:) i thought the other way...once i get home i will see whats up with newegg and their prices...good thing you edited the first post ...
        - Damien

Comment

its ok thanx for looking for me tho

Comment

Alright for $1019 (free fed-ex shipping with new egg for the items choosen)

You get as follows (considering you are using your old floppy and cd -rom for now. ):

*AMD 2600+ 333 FSB
            *EPoX 8RDA+ (nForce2 chipset w/ dual channel memory support)
            * (Two) CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 256MB 32MX8 PC-3200C2 With Heat Spreader OEM
            *Sapphire ATI RADEON 9700 Atlantis PRO 128MB DDR,325/310, DVI/TV-out/CRT AGP BULK
            *Chieftec Server tower DX-01SLD

In my opinion this is a kick ass system as of now... exactly like i built my friend's. You should be noted tho...that the new Geforce FX is coming out soon and is going to take over the 9700 Pro. Keep that in mind if you can wait a lil longer and save while you wait. Other than that i think that system will rock. You will want a new case. This case supplies you with a 450W power supply as well as adequate ventilation. Why two 256MB modules instead of one 512 mb module?... the reason for that is to make use of the chipset's dual channel support. I can be missing something and others will prolly put in their two cents as for me i think this system is a big time performer as well as a overclocker.:thumb: Hope that helped take care =)
            - Damien

Comment

if its an nforce 2 motherboard doesn't that mean it would make graphics betta with a nvidia graphics card?

Comment

well just wat makes an nforce2 betta than ne otha motherboard ne way?

Comment

This review should answer those questions plus the nForce2 only has onboard video as an option. ;)
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

No nForce2 doesn't make a difference if it an nVidia card or Ati doesn;t matter. Don;t worry i had alot of questions conserning the chipset Wiggo ^ here and others helped me out alot.

The nForce 2 supports 333FSB Athlons out of the box which is a plus for some since flashing sounds risky to them (and it is if not done properly). Another reason is nForce 2 chip is the only mobo to support dual channel memory which to my knowledge doubles the bandwidth of your memory. That is on the basic nforce 2 mobo the other more expensive ones have Serial ATA which is not true 150mb yet according to reviews and some hardware peeps here; dual LAN (which i still don't see the home use for this) Most hard drives out there are IDE and well you are prolly going to use you old drive and i suppose thats IDE so Serial ATA isn;t a big concern for you right now and won't affect "gaming performance". Although the Special Editions Drives from Westren Digital are nice that would change your Price a bit. ( even tho they do have 40 and 60 GB versions out now). I think the two top reasons i typed are good enough and sure beats the KT400. With Epox i have heard multipliers can be changed without unlocking the CPU which is GREAT! when ever you get the crave to Overclock your bad boy.

Oh BTW i forgot to include a Volcano 7+ for your Setup ..its a great cooler and you have no choice but to get one since that CPU i saw in new egg is OEM (no stock fan or heatsink..which sux anyway =/).
                    - Damien

Comment

thanx a lot flacco and wiggo u guys helped me a ton thanx again

Comment

No prob...just keep us up to date on what you decide....even tho you don't need it if you mememory has a CAS 2 timing you will do alot better in overclocks...
                        - Damien

Comment

Working...
                        X