Does this sound right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound right?

im getting an upgrade [but basically a new pc], and i just wanted to know if this sounds right????
    first of all, my specs;

GA 7VRXP Version 2.0 $180.84

AMD 1800+ $180.00
    AMD 2000+ $230.00

CORSAIR 512MB XMS2700 $356.50

im not sure whether im going to get the 1800+ or 2000+, but either way, my ram is going to cost me more than my mobo and cpu put together!!!

does that sound normal??

:wave:

Well I asked Wiggo for ya (Wiggo, ;)) and he said those prices are about right :thumb:. And if it really matters, go for the 1800+ since you can OC it nicely and because the new proc are coming out soon and are going to need new mobos. Have fun! :thumb:

Comment

Ah, now I know what the question was for. Just one thing, if ya can get ya self to North Rocks Shopping Centre on a Sunday (as they have a computer market there) have a look a what's there as the CPU's are cheaper and ya may do a better deal on the board as well (it's worth the look in my books). ;)

Oh, do ya need the USB 2.0 and RAID plus what are your plans for this setup? (just in case an alternative maybe suggested). :thumb:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

basic setup of a gaming computer, atm im not interested in ocing it, however, maybe in the future [i like to keep my warranty just in case :cry: ].

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

whats the conversion from ausie $ to yankee $, because those prices are about twice what they are here?
          so is that due to conversion or do you guys pay more for everything??

Comment

well currently the exchange rate is about 2:1
            so double [or half, depending how you look at it] sounds just about right.

Comment

Yeah most prices double your's but some items maybe up to 3 times. :(

Comment

thats not including postage!!

Comment

that sucks! currently there is a Athlon XP 2000 for $93 shipped. But thats in 48states.

So do you guys get paid twice as much as i do???? :D

Comment

AMD XP 2000+ goes for about $220 atm.

Comment

i didnt think it would be aproapriate to make a new thread.....

so, is my sig too big?

Comment

If ya can move the smileys to one side and the pic to the other (a simple html table should be enough) and it will be perfect. ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X