Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me build temp rig to my 1st future rig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me build temp rig to my 1st future rig.

Hi guys i was trying to build my very first rig, can you please help me on buying which best and affordable for my rig?

First of, i would be building my dream rig over a temporary rig. I'll explain my temporary rig: It will be used temporarily for office use, some photoshop editing, word processing and browsing NO GAMES aside from online games on facebook :P then i will upgrade this rig to be use as VIDEO EDITING machine in the future (future like 4-6 months after the temp rig).

Heres the idea, i will be buying first a
    - CPU case (cm scout 2 already have)
    - Power supply
    - 256gb crucial m4 (which i already have)
    - and a Monitor (asus mx239h already have)
    as these are the components that does not need to be compatible or at least these are the hardware that i may not have to replace.

So now i have a cpu case (cm scout 2), ssd, a power supply (not yet sure) and a monitor (IPS since will use it on video editing)

On my temporary rig, i will be buying these hardwares (in 1155 setup, in the future i'd like it to be 1155 too):

cpu = Pentium g620
    $47

mobo = ASRock B75M-DGS VSGIGAL mATX U3S3 Motherboard (B75M-DGS)
    $60

ram = GSkill Sniper 8GB (4GBX2) DDR3 1600 / F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2
    $70

psu = HEC Cougar Power X 550watts
    $61

gpu - PCI-E , ECS GT520 1GB-64bit DDR3
    $30

Total = $268

Now once im done with this temporary rig, i will be replacing the Processor and GPU which i will give to my younger brother so he can setup his own rig through those hardware :)

Now my problem is that, does the MOBO will support my upcoming processor which is 3770k?
    well i know on its compatibility list that it is, but i wonder if it has drawback like xmp or whatever technology bottle neck it is. Will it run the 3770k without a problem even if i overclock it in the future? cause if not i will retain the board. I am only looking for a board that is compatible with 3770k and run it with no problem. Also i dont need a lot of PCIe slot, i only need at least 1 as i would not be doing an SLI (never) also i need a sata 6/gbps for my ssd and USB3 (for my usb3 powered passport) which ASRock B75M-DGS already have. I know if it has a lot of slots it would be expensive, so please find me a cheap mobo if i have to replace it with same specs.

Then the RAM, when i change the motherboard because of the processor incompatibilty i know i have to change the RAM too so which do you suggest? also if i dont have to replace the motherboard then 8gb (2x4gb) is fine with me but if i have to i would be using 16gb (2x8gb) so please suggest a better ram for the mobo.

3rd problem is the PSU, why its a problem? because i will surely replace my GPU and I only have 2 candidate.

1) GTX 660TI (very much suggested by video editors)
    2) GTX 780 because of having 300+ bit

well i had gtx680 before but its kinda low powered and i think have no real life difference over gtx660ti on after effects rendering or if it has it would not be noticeable like few seconds only, so i only choose between 660ti or jump to 780. So if i decide to go on whichever of the 2 i need to have a better PSU, in addition in the future i will also be using 3 monitors (asus mx239h) so i really need a good psu, NO SLI by the way.

Guys i really need your help on these. Also please give me tips on whatever i miss or let me know if i forgot something. :P

Thanks a lot and hoping that someone could help me.

Re: Help me build temp rig to my 1st future rig.

Reality Check Time...

So you want to put an i7-3770K, which is at least ~$325 in your country, into a PC that otherwise would cost $221? ($268 -$47, cost of Pentium)

You can't overclock with the B75M-DGS board, it is meant to be used in an office PC (it comes with Intel Small Business Advantage support.)

Video editing with only 8GB of RAM? Your video card better have a lot of its own RAM, which still won't be enough.

You'll need at least one other drive, one or two TB HDD to store video files on, the 256GB SSD with Windows and programs on it will be filled up quickly if used for mass storage.

We would all like to pick the features we exactly want on a mother board, and make it cheap, but it doesn't work that way. You need to budget at least $100 on your board.

The mother board is the base of the entire PC, you can't cut corners there is you want to use a top end CPU.

Comment

Re: Help me build temp rig to my 1st future rig.

My 2 cents, the power supply is the foundation of your system.
      The Hec power supply is a budget unit with internal components that are far from the best.

I suggest that you spend more for one of the better power supplies from Antec, Corsair, Seasonic or XFX.
      My preference is to buy a power supply where Seasonic is the ODM/OEM.

The best psu review sites are JonnyGuru, HardOCP, HardwareSecrets, PCPER, TechPowerUP and BenchmarkReviews.
      Buying a psu that is highly recommended by any of these sites should have excellent performance, quality components and probably has a 5 year warranty.

You haven't budgeted for an aftermarket cpu cooler kit or case fans.
      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Working...
      X