Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming PC configuration

Hi,
    Please help me out with nice configuration.I have sold my old PC because i am shifting to a new place.Actually I was happy with my old PC.Old PC configuration is :
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X58 UD3R
    Processor : Intel Core i7 920
    RAM : Transcend 24B DDR3 x2
    Hard Disk : Hitachi 500gb Sata
    Cabinet : Cooler Master CM 690
    Monitor : Samsung SyncMaster 20'
    DVD Writer : Moserbaer 22x DVD
    Mouse&KB : Logitech
    SMPS : Cooler Master 650w
    UPS : APC 1000v VA
    Speakers:Creative 5.1
    Graphics Card:nVidea 9400gt
    Please anyone help me with a nice configuration(budget also is a matter for me,30k rupees difference is not a matter for the new PC).I am going to tell which motherboard and processor I am interested,so please help me out with other components which will match or configure nicely to those.Motherboard will be surely Gigabyte and processor has to be inter core i7(i heard that intel stopped production of 920,please help me with the technical quality of 920,950 etc.).Last time i bought coolermaster 650w smps which was replaced later.Is coolermaster smps best for core i7? Also do i need a corsair RAM ? does that make any difference to the normal RAM? which Cabinet should i go for( i have found the usb slots in the top a bit annoying in the old PC,and it will be affected with dust fastly).Which speakers are good,creative or altec lansing?.I heard that samsung has launched a new LED monitor fx2490 ,is it good to buy ? or please give me a nice LED monitor name which is great to buy.Now I am going to tell the last thing to be added ,the Graphics card(which i will calculate separately),so you can suggest me a nice graphics card to buy for which i am not having money limitation.My old PC costed me around 63k rupees.This time i am planning for 80k without graphics card. I need the PC to be very fast with new technologies like usb3 and the configuration should be great for windows7 and need to play the latest highend games.

Please help me out to build a nice PC.
    Thanks in advance
    shan

Re: Gaming PC configuration

i just made my comp, see my specs in my sign.. but if u willing to spend a bit more u could get a watercooler instead of the air one i have, more ram, and a better vid card

so far i have no complains about this setup, my first amd build and running quite well so far.. but here are some suggestions if u are interested

first if you want a fast computer i strongly suggest u get a solid state drive, allthough expensive, their speed is as of yet unmatched, and will be so for a long time

processor

motherboard

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

as a vid card i would say go with this one or 2 would be better for crossfire

cooler
    Last edited by out5id3r; 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM.
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.0
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition C3 stepping - OC 3927 Mhz
    CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600Mhz
    Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16
    SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB
    Cooler Master Hyper N520 cpu cooler
    Thermaltake V4 Black Edition Case
    Coolmax V600 600W PSU
    Win 7 64 ultimate
    Acer 23'

Comment

hey out5id3r,
      thanks a lot for your suggestion.I will surely check these out. can you please tell me how much you spend for your comp??

regards,
      shan

Comment

i was going to suggest you with this processor but i think out5id3r's quad fits your current needs...also the video card he said is perfect

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

motherboard:
        Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

the board costs less but the features fit most of your requirements... so you can up either anything you need...

the CM690 advance would be a better choice compared to the CM690 with a lil costs, due to the benefits you'll have with it...

im not into monitors yet, but so far as what ive heard, LED monitors are clicking nowadays, with better contrast ratio, slim design and effective power saving features, its better

also maybe you want to check out these things... they're a lil cheap.. :)

Newegg.com - ripjaws

~angelix000000
        [AngeL-C2] Asus K42JA
        [AngeL-G2+] CM690 II Plus

~angelix000000

Comment

You got your system yet?

Lolz, just wanted to say, the 930 replaced the 920, but you can get a 950 for about 20 bucks more, so value wise, you might want to get a 950. I question the 24GB RAM. Do you really need that much? Or do you mean 4GB all up? Just so you know, the i7 900 series uses triple channel so you either go 3 or 6gb, unless you don't want the run triple channel. If that's the case, then why don't you go i7-870 which is as faster than your 920, and cheaper as it runs on the P55 chipset. Other than the triple and dual channel difference, the other difference is that the 900 series will give you full speed crossfire or SLI.

Also, depending on what you want to do on it, unless you want to use productivity programs, that is Adobe CS5, 3ds Max, AutoCAD video converting ect, you'll struggle to notice the difference between an i7 and a quad core i5-760 as the main difference between them is hyper-threading (note, hyper-threading has a negative effect on OC if you intend, and on some games).

As for speed per Clock, an AMD 2.8GHz quad core won't even match an intel 2.6Ghz quad core. Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News As you can see here, the i5-760 quad core surpasses the AMD 6 core in all but the most heavily threaded programs (mainly some video encoding programs).

Also, a 9400GT? They still sell that? Do you want to play high end games or not? A 9400GT is good enough for HD video and not much more. If you want High End Gaming, get 2x GTX460 SLI. Or a GTX470 as their good value now that their RRP has been lowered by nVidia.
          1. Lian LI A71FB | Asus P6X58D Premium | i7-930 @ 3.99 1.2v | Noctua C12P | Corsair XMS 3x2GB DDR3 1800 C8 1.66v | 1024MB Asus 5970 | 3x OCZ V2 60GB Raid 0 + 750GB + 1TB + 1.5TB| QFAN 650w | Xonar HDAV1.3 | HD555
          2. Antec P183 | Gigabyte N680SLI-DQ6 | Q6600 C0 @ 3.15 1.4v | Noctua U12P | Corsair Dominator 2x2GB DDR2 1066 2.1v | 2x 320MB 8800GTS SLI | WD160 SE2 + 500GB + 750GB | CM 600W

Comment

you cheaped out on the vcard a bit there mate, looks more like some sort of fast buisness pc or home pc, not gaming.
            OCZ AGILITY3 SSD 120GB
            AMD Phenom II x6 2.8Ghz OC to 3.5Ghz
            Antec 1200 gaming case
            Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H
            750 Watt TruePower Power Supply
            8GB DDR3 1666Mhz memory
            Logitech G9 gaming mouse
            Logitech G19 gaming keyboard
            Gigabyte HD5830 1GB GDDR5
            Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio

Comment

Working...