Ordering Parts: Final Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Parts: Final Advice?

Please take a look at the signature :) I already purchased 2 items :)

Go for a GF4 Ti4200 64MB - GREAT performance vs price :thumb:

I've heard you can OC it to 4600 performance (never needed any more performance on mine!)

They outperform the 128MB model in almost every catagory. I love mine... good product. Forget Radeon or the MX series(just a weaksauce pumped GF2!::thumbs do )

$131 (free shipping!) BUY IT HERE

I would also strongly suggest that you take a long look at an Athalon CPU. I honestly don't know why anyone buys intel chips... why don't you just bend over :snip:

What HD are you going for? There are some killer hard drives at great prices out there!

:bounce2:
    <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
    Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
    Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
    2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
    80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
    </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
    Blaster Live!<br>
    Volcano 7+<br>
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
    19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
    </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

I already have a BARACUDDA 40gb 7200rpm, I will get a bigger one as soon as I will get the budget for it :)

Comment

good setup but you should go for thew athlon though or you can start stretching for your toes

Comment

ABIT TH7II INTEL 850 ATX MOTHERBOARD - RETAIL Supports Intel Pentium 4 socket 478 processor. Supports up to Four 184-pin Direct Rambus RIMM modules up to 2GB (PC600/800). Supports 400MHz system bus. NO OnBoard LAN - NO RAID. Model#: TH7II

This means that the only type of RAMBUS I can put in is PC600/800?

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get one?

Comment

I see them on newegg.com but most of them have an AMD power supply. I will get the chieftec case without the PSU, and I will buy the psu seperately. Which one is the best bang for the buck? 350 watts...

Comment

It is very often your best bet to get a PSU/Case combo. I just bought a case (that has the indentical case guts as yours - made by the same company) For only 40$ more than the power supply costs ALONE! Shipping included!.

Look at directron.com, they have alot of very similar cases, with different power supplies....

Comment

Get the Abit TH7II w/ PC800 RAM, and a p4 1.8a. You will still get great performance out of that. Also as a video card, i would get either a GF3 Ti200 or Radeon 7500 but that is because i dont believe spending lots of money on video cards, anyway the human eye is not capable of seeing the difference between 75FPS and 175FPS, which makes any GeForce 4 Ti series card useless to me, thats just a personal opinion

Comment

Bang for buck 350W probably something like Antec solution. The antec solution 350W are pretty decent. If you are looking for a little better then i suggest Antec truepower 330W or 380W.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys :cheers:

Originally posted by Ehhe Yebeb
                      Get the Abit TH7II w/ PC800 RAM, and a p4 1.8a. You will still get great performance out of that. Also as a video card, i would get either a GF3 Ti200 or Radeon 7500 but that is because i dont believe spending lots of money on video cards, anyway the human eye is not capable of seeing the difference between 75FPS and 175FPS, which makes any GeForce 4 Ti series card useless to me, thats just a personal opinion
                      What type of rambus? ECC or NON-ECC? I heard that ecc is for servers... What is the difference?

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactor...alog=17&DEPA=1

Comment

EEC is an error checking circuit on the memory used in data servers mainly but it does have lower performance due to it and also costs more. ;)
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yeh you want NON-ECC and unbuffered

Comment

Thanks guys, parts ordered :)

Comment

Just got the mobo today, rest of the parts will be here on monday. I can't wait, LOL.

I looked at the mobo, theres so many switches on it. I'm wondering if it will be hard to configure? I have to read the factory manual.

Also, when installing the p4 + heatsink on monday, do I have to use some kind of compound ? I heard people use something..

Comment

Working...
                              X