Feedback DVD ROM / CD-RW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback DVD ROM / CD-RW

I'm planning on putting the following two components into the new PC I'm building. Just looking for some feedback on the following two items:

I'm trying to keep all the components consistent with the "Silver" color of my Lian-Li case.

Any feedback on the following Components?

1) Pioneer DVD-116

I was planning to buy this DVD-ROM because Lian-Li makes a Silver Bezel that would match the case.

2) CD-RW

Can anyone recommend a good CD-RW that would match my Lian-Li Case? Or a CD-RW that I can get a Bezel for to match my case?

:cheers:

Pioneer is currently the standard for DVD drives. I have the older 115 model and it has been very faithful since it's installation.

As for CD-R/RW, I'm not familiar enough with these to be able to say which ones have a bezel to match your case, but the TDK line has been getting some pretty decent reviews of late. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Just get something good like a Liteon (plus they are not to dear) and either stealth your drives, or cover them.
      Guides for either can be found at www.bit-tech.net

Comment

Thanks for the info. Here's a good article off that site:

technology,hardware,graphics,motherboard,reviews,gaming,video games,pc games,analysis,modding,case mod,news,headlines

Of all the options I've read the best seems to be using a product called "Solartrim".

"A very thin metalised self adhesive film used primarily by radio controlled model aircraft enthusiasts. It is available in two silver metal finishes, chrome and aluminium."

Looks like a great idea. The problem is it doesn't appear to be available anywhere in the U.S.A. :cry:

Has anyone been able to get there hands on any of this stuff? If so can you post the link?

Comment

NJ - They have silver

That's the only one I found that is US based. Maybe the others will ship it to the States?
          My Toys

Comment

glad to help :thumb:

Comment

Darthtanion,

Perfect...that's just what I was looking for. Thanks for the link!
              :thumb: !

I searched the web for an hour an didn't find anyone in the states.

Comment

Darthtanion,

I did order from this retailer:

Can't believe these guys are in NJ (and so am I). How's that for luck?

I'll let you know what I think of the product. (ie. Solartrim). Looks like winner but I'll let you know.

Comment

Glad to be of help. I hope that it works out for you. I've never used this type of product before, so please do let us know how it turns out. Pictures are also always appreciated. :)
                  My Toys

Comment

I searched the web for an hour an didn't find anyone in the states.
                    You should try www.google.com , Darth did, and that site is the first result.

Google is to search engines, what Tiger Woods is to the pee-wee golfing league.

Comment

Darthtanion,

I'll let you know how it works !

Thanks again....

Comment

Working...
                      X