Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rig, some advice needed. Pls help

Hello guys,

I've decided to build a new system and I am still not decided on some of the parts. I'd greatly appreciate your advice as I can see most of you are real pros.

My budget is up to US$ 3K and main usage will be gaming and HTPC.

Here is what I've chosen so far:

LIAN LI V-2110

INTEL Core i7 "Bloomfield" 950, 4x 3.06GHz

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 or
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME or
    GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

TAGAN PipeRock TG1300-U88 BZ or
    CORSAIR HX1000W

OCZ DDR3 PC3-16000 6gb kit

ASUS ENGTX295 TOP/2DI/1792MD3 or two GTX285

PROLIMATECH Megahalems + 1 of 2 Noctua 120mm fans

Haven't decided on the HDDs yes, but I'm thinking of getting one smaller for the OS and then several 2TB ones as I'm mad on HD rips

I'd greatly appreciate your feedback on the suggested build.

Re: New rig, some advice needed. Pls help

Originally posted by murjo View Post
    Hello guys,

I've decided to build a new system and I am still not decided on some of the parts. I'd greatly appreciate your advice as I can see most of you are real pros.

My budget is up to US$ 3K and main usage will be gaming and HTPC.

Here is what I've chosen so far:

LIAN LI V-2110

INTEL Core i7 "Bloomfield" 950, 4x 3.06GHz

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 or
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME or
    GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

TAGAN PipeRock TG1300-U88 BZ or
    CORSAIR HX1000W

OCZ DDR3 PC3-16000 6gb kit

ASUS ENGTX295 TOP/2DI/1792MD3 or two GTX285

PROLIMATECH Megahalems + 1 of 2 Noctua 120mm fans

Haven't decided on the HDDs yes, but I'm thinking of getting one smaller for the OS and then several 2TB ones as I'm mad on HD rips

I'd greatly appreciate your feedback on the suggested build.

i would choose ASUS over Gigabyte there, but depends on what price. If money is not a problem try a SSD for your OS.

Comment

Thanks mate!
      After some considerations I've decided towards the following config:

LIAN LI V-2110
      INTEL Core i7 "Bloomfield" 920, 4x 2.66GHz
      ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
      CORSAIR HX1000W
      CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 3x2gb or G.Skill DDR3-RAM 6GB PC3-1600 Kit (F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ) or G.Skill DDR3-RAM 6GB PC3-2000 Kit (F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD)..really hard to decide on the DDR
      2 ASUS EAH5870 or perhaps the Nvidia GTX 300 depending on performance and price
      PROLIMATECH Megahalems + Noctua fans
      1 or 2 INTEL X25-M II and several 1.5TB for the media (love HD rips!)

Of course, all could change as there's 2 more months till Xmas when I've planned this splurge :) newer and more powerful gear is coming out everyday...

Comment

Thanks mate!

LIAN LI V-2110
        ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
        CORSAIR HX1000W
        CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 3x2gb or G.Skill DDR3-RAM 6GB PC3-1600 Kit (F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ) or G.Skill DDR3-RAM 6GB PC3-2000 Kit (F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD)..really hard to decide on the DDR

Of course, all could change as there's 2 more months till Xmas when I've planned this splurge :) newer and more powerful gear is coming out everyday...
        Prices will go down a bit till Xmas, maybe some specials, but maybe you could try a more powerfull PSU for all this.

Comment

Let's hope. I'm having super hard time to find the black lian li v2110, but for the rest is OK.
          Well, the Corsair PSU has super good reviews and people seem to very happy with it. Some even say that the TT 1500 is just as powerful as the Corsair one.

Comment

I think he didn`t mean another brand, just more power if CORSAIR has a PSU with more than 1000W

Comment

Hmm, so far I haven't seen one that is more than 1000W from Corsair. Maybe they'll release one soon. Right now I'm searching like a mad man for the v2110. It's super hard to get one in Europe.

Comment

Thanks mate!

LIAN LI V-2110
                ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
                CORSAIR HX1000W

For what it's worth to you, I'm also using the 920, P6T, HX1000W, as well as GTX 280. Since you've not yet made your choice on DDR3, I can tell you my 6GB of Corsair Dominator DDR3 works very well with the P6T, the HX1000W loafs along barely getting warm, and the TRUE keeps everything very cool.
                CM Storm Trooper - Corsair AX1200
                Asus Rampage IV Extreme - i7 3930k - Corsair H100 cooling
                16GB Corsair Vengeance Memory - 2xGTX 580 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX - 3x500GB HDD + 240GB Mushkin + 2x256GB Crucial SSD
                Sony & Asus Optical Drives - Logitech C310, G15, G13, G700

Comment

Thanks mate!
                  It comforts me that you're so happy with your system and that I was on the right direction :)

However, I decided to wait till new Lian Li cases, Xydra 200, i9, sata 6gb and usb 3.0 come out. Somehow I didn't notice those upcoming developments :) I'd be pretty upset if build it now and 3-4 monts later all of this comes out.

Right now I'm looking around for AV receiver, 5.1. speakers set and the new popcorn C-200. I'll build this one first and then PC/server :)

Comment

You're most welcome. Just don't wait too long. There is always something newer, better, faster, cheaper, coming out. If you are always waiting for the latest and greatest, you'll never get anything!
                    Good Luck.
                    CM Storm Trooper - Corsair AX1200
                    Asus Rampage IV Extreme - i7 3930k - Corsair H100 cooling
                    16GB Corsair Vengeance Memory - 2xGTX 580 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX - 3x500GB HDD + 240GB Mushkin + 2x256GB Crucial SSD
                    Sony & Asus Optical Drives - Logitech C310, G15, G13, G700

Comment

I know, I know...it's just that those would be pretty major upgrades and i'd rather wait. I'll settle for the next few months with the home theater system instead. If I get a bonus in march, I'll splurge then :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hameister View Post
                        You're most welcome. Just don't wait too long. There is always something newer, better, faster, cheaper, coming out. If you are always waiting for the latest and greatest, you'll never get anything!
                        Good Luck.
                        This is very true. I got stuck in it for a year or so. You really have to get something that suits your needs and try to future-proof a little bit. haha I have heard this quote before and it's true. I have resorted to incremental upgrading. It works pretty good. (until SATA 6 and USB 3 come out) haha
                        P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
                        880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
                        2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

Working...
                        X