Video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card?

What would be the best video card to be used with a athlon 1600+ xp, that is under $350 and NOT an MX of any discription?
    And how long is it likely to take for the GeForce4 Ti's to drop in price?

RADEON 8500
    Geforce 3 Ti 200
    Geforce 4 Ti4200 64MB

Comment

Here in Sydney even though prices vary store to store 64MB GF3 Ti200's are just under the $300 mark at most good stores and the 128MB versions just over.
      There are still a few around with GF3 Ti500's and these are in the $350-$375 bracket which the 64MB GF4 Ti4200's are at also as well as the lower clocked 64MB Radeon 8500 versions. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What are the GF3 ti not ti200's like?
        Becauce i found one for $175

Comment

The Ti200 is by far yesterday's technology. If you can swing a GF4Ti4200, then grab one up and overclock the hell out of it. I was able to take a 64MB card to 310/610 straight out of the box! To put things in proportion, the GF4Ti4600 comes with a stock speed of 300/650. Not bad for half the money. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

If ya found one of the original GF3's then they are a step above the GF3 Ti200's and a step below the Gf3 Ti500's but still a high performance card just the same but they don't have Ti at all in their name. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Segiy, where did you find a Ti200 For $175? and i assume you mean AUD because your from tasmania. The cheapest i have seen one is $280

Comment

I've got both a Radeon8500 and a GF3Ti200 - there very similarly priced in my area (very close to ATi headquarter - I don't know if that makes a difference).
                With the new drivers - the Radeon beats the GF in just about every thing I run (WinXP Pro platform) - & I've tried each card in both my boxes. It's especially good with AF maxed out - not as good with AA cranked up - so i may depend on how you prefer to run.

I'd take a GF4Ti4200 over either of them though - the Abit and MSI versions are only about $50-60cdn more.

Comment

Well in australia the Ti200 is alot cheaper than the radeon 8500 for some stupid reason. The 8500 costs about the same as the Ti4200. Still waiting for an answer on where Segiy found a GeForce 3 for $175AUD because i dont believe it

Comment

He may have found it thru that Aussie price search link. :?:

Comment

You mean Razorprices? i checked that + about 40 retailers sites. The cheapest GeForce 3 listed at Razorprices is $245 and thats for a gainward 64MB, still waiting on proof for that $175 cos i still dont believe it. Im sure it was either a GeForce 4MX 420 or 440, no way it was a Ti200

Comment

The $175 GeForce 2 Ti was/is at www.gamedude.com.au, limited stock.

Comment

here is the ad:
                          GeForce2 TI SUMA 64meg 4ns DDR Ram Active cooling Black PCB TVout $175 SPECIAL!!
                          LIMITED STOCK

Comment

Ah... that is much different from the GeForce3 Ti200 card you were indicating in the above post. The GeForce2 Ti cards won't hold a candle to the GF3 line.
                            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                            My Toys

Comment

err... yeah there was a slight problem there....
                              my eyes and hands seem to go faster than my brain, and i thought it was a 3 for some REALLY dumb reason

Comment

Working...
                              X