No announcement yet.

AMD vs Intel CPUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. i heard durons are being phased out, and once the hammers are in, obviously they will be marketing the XP's towards the budget crowd. But when you consider there is still the whole range of T-Breds and Bartons to still come out, socket A is not nearly dead, one thing that is dying/dead is 100MHZ FSB Chips. No real loss there. How far are the XP's going to go up to (in terms of PR Ratings not clock speeds) 3100+? when you consider how long the T-Bred has been delayed, i think XP's will still be around for a long while now

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!! I wonder what Intel has to counter this. Anyway thanks for all your help. As once I get my report card, I'll be gettin new computer wit Athlon Xp 2100+ will be

The sad fact is they probably wont need anything to counter this. As intel still has the masses believeing their chips are the better choice because they are clocked higher, therefore people will believe the intel P4 2.4GHZ is going to be faster than the clawhammer at 2GHZ (which has a PR rating of 3200+) when in actuality the hammer will drill the P4 np questions asked. You wouldnt believe how many people completely disregard the PR rating system used by AMD and just judge the quality of the chip based on its clock speed, people figure that because the 1700+ is clocked at 1470MHZ, a P4 @ 1.5GHZ will outperform it, when in reality the 1700+ will kill the P4 @ 1700MHZ.

Comment

Working...
      X