Looking for HSDram 256meg PC-150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for HSDram 256meg PC-150

I am trying to find out about HSDram? I know it stand for High Speed Memory, but I can't find where I can buy it. I don't see any listing's for HSdram like in Pricewatch.com or even E-bay. Is HSDram bascially SDram PC150 ram?

My system can support 2gig ram. Is there any need for that much ram?

Thanks,
    Mark

Your RAM choice is basically an advertising thing from Mushkin. Here's the link:

And since it's Mushkin, that explains why you weren't able to find it on Pricewatch.com

As to the amount of memory to get, that really depends on your OS. Win9x/ME don't effectively use more than 256MB of memory, but Win2k/XP will take nearly any amount that you throw at it. In a recent MaximumPC article, they did a test to find the sweet spot for performance with differing amounts of RAM. Even when using programs like Photoshop and such, 512MB was that spot (assuming you are using an NT based OS).

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Cool. Yes, I like Pricewatch.com but the search engine stinks. I am running Windows 2000 Pro and I am going to upgrade my ram soon. I am unhappy with the ram I have now. I know that I can get more out of my system with a better ram upgrade. That ram is spendy.

Do you know of any site that goes into detail about the Services within Windows 2000? I want to Tweak these services, but I don't want to kill my system you know. I just want to disable the services that I don't need.

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

Here's a site for Tweaking the Windows 2000 Services.

Comment

Working...
        X