Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would this be for a system from NCIX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How would this be for a system from NCIX?

The combined power draw of two 7950s on load is at most 300W. The current top-of-the-line processors from AMD and Intel will take at most 130W. The rest of a computer's hardware (board, drivers, RAM, and sound card) will probably take less than 100W. That's 530W at most. I just can't see using more than 700W in any reasonable system. Maybe if you try to fill the system up with hard drives and PCI/PCI-E cards you could need it. Or, if it were from one of the lesser PSU makers, you'd need it, Realistically, though, a 600W or 700W PSU is enough for Quad SLI or Crossfire (high-end Crossfire takes up nearly as much power as Quad-SLI, for the record).

Comment

Sorry for the post on max PC, they are lying hores that boast about fictional products. they re-print old articles and overcharge innocent customers. they should be decapitated them all in fornt of an audience of their mothers.

Comment

Get a grip dude! Maximum PC is a magazine. They make their money from a combination of customer sales and advertising like nearly all consumer oriented publications. They are not perfect and odds are that they will occasionaly push items that the advertisers want them to push. Money talks ... that is how the world works. They also often suggest that one must use power supplies etc. that are much more powerful than needed simply because they are Maximim PC ...not Medium PC.

"Fictional products"? Not too sure where you are going there. Items promised by big companys occasionally turn into "vaporware" .... is it the fault of the people who attempt to keep us abreast of new items if said company does not actually release the promised item?

No I don't work for Maximim PC .... and no I really don't care if they go bankrupt or not. All I'm stating is that the PC world is an ever changing and money driven area and magazines such as Maximim PC often assist in making decisions and keeping people abreast of latest developments. Should you trust any source 100%? Prolly not.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
        X