Monochrome laser printer for medium business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monochrome laser printer for medium business

I'm shopping for a new laser printer for a medium business and would like to hear about peoples experiences and recommendations.

I'm looking for one that has the following features:
    *Monochrome
    *2 tray input
    *Networkable (not a necessity but greatly desired)
    *Low running costs (rough approx would be 50-100 pages/day)

Would love to hear some feedback.

Re: Monochrome laser printer for medium business

Bottom Line:
    Go with an HP 4200. They are cheap and parts are dirt cheap and most you can replace yourself and easy to manage. I know it is not the latest model but they are solid printers.

I am a net admin. I have about 70 HPs models from 5m (been in service for over 7 years) to 4200s. I also have several Kyroceras. I love my HPs on the network and are really easy to manage use Jetadmin. Kyroceras 3830s 5160s and 9520s have been here for about 2 years. I hate the K on my network they always loose there network name and frequently show up as bad address in dhcp (they do not follow the traditional ARP standard). The kyrocera management tool (for managing the device over the network) is very flacky and week. I dont think there is any speed or quality difference between the 4200 and the 3830, which seem to be the type your looking for. I also have a few lexmarks they have given me no problems but are a bit larger than the other 2 I mentioned.

Comment

Working...
    X