Water cooling case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cooling case.

I was looking at this PC case at Newegg and was kinda thinking it might be what I need for my next PC build. The internal water cooling is the biggest reason I'd want it, although I'll have SLI in my next system I beleive Id have to get more parts for cooling the second GPU. What do you guys think? Is this case the way to go or should I get the water cooling seperate from the case?
    Titan Water case TWC- Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811107001

Re: Water cooling case.

Looks like it is running some pretty small waterlines. That would make it probably just as effective as good air cooling. For what you spend on this case, you could build a much more efficient system. If you have never dealt with water and you have the extra cash, it looks OK, but don't expect miraculous results, especially with SLI. Look for a case with larger ID waterlines if you want SLI and are planning to overclock. If you are going to run stock speeds, then this case should be OK.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Re: Water cooling case.

I got to check this case out at a local shop, the quality is high and the radiator is quite large. There's actually room for two more fans if needed.

A custom setup is the better way to go, especially with you wanting to cool SLI but it will also cost quite a bit more.

Check out http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Mod...nu_search.html

These kits are all contained within the case and would perform better than the newegg setup. They would also allow you to upgrade/use whatever parts you'll need.

I have had a fully contained and external setup. I have the external now and get cooler temps because the radiator is getter better flow and cooler air. Lower noise and there's also much less clutter inside my case which helps cool the parts that aren't watercooled.

Comment

Working...
      X