Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply

i want to know wat powersupply company is good because my friend wants to buy a new one and it has to be around 500watts and around 50 to 80 dollars

Re: Power Supply

Originally posted by zaqwsx
    i want to know wat powersupply company is good because my friend wants to buy a new one and it has to be around 500watts and around 50 to 80 dollars
    What kind of hardware is he going to be powering with it? (eg. mainboard model, video card(s), CPU, ect.)

Comment

well my friend has a hp that he bought from the store and the processor is an
      AMD 3500+ , two DVD drives , a 160gb sata hd , a graphic card that he bought and put in cause he didnt have one and its a ati saphire x700 (pro i think) pci-e 256mb , i dont really now much about the mother board except its a MSI with the ati radeon 200 chipset (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 graphics with up to 256MB shared video memory) wat i think it is because that is what most computers have if u buy it from the store, aslo a 1gig of ram , he has a 300 watt psu but he needs a new one cause he gets problems in games and his graphic card needs a 350watt psu also he wants a psu with at least 500watts because he is going to buy a 7800gt latter on

Comment

thats about everything i know if you need more info tell me i can call him up and ask

Comment

I think he could easily get by with this PSU for around $40 (US) with his current system, I'm assuming he's using an X700 Pro video card versus onboard video. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817104953

If he's planning on upgrading that video card to something more modern or use SLI or Crossfire or if he plans to upgrade the whole system someday and doesn't want to stick more money into a PSU then I'd suggest something with multiple 12v rails instead of dual 12v rails. Don't let a fake wattage rating fool you into thinking your getting more for le$$.
          Last edited by Spongebob; 03-04-2006, 10:17 PM.

Comment

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...244&CatId=1560 would this be a good psu also is it good bundle

Comment

he is goin to buy the 7800 gt with the psu soo i need to know soon

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817103931 is this good

Comment

also he wants to buy it from newegg

Comment

Yes.

Comment

he is goin to buy the 7800 gt with the psu soo i need to know soon
                      I think the PSU I suggested would be fine unless he's planning to use multiple video cards in the system, but having used both a 7800 GT video card and a PSU very similar to that one, I can say its a good match up. Why pay more if you don't need to?

Comment

Working...
                      X