Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic or Sony DVD/VCR Recorder

Need your help.

If I'm going to use a recorder to convert my analog movies to DVD from my 8mm Camcorder and from my old VHS tapes which of these recorders would you recommend? I have zero experience with this process....but can learn. I need advice as to which one to buy now. Help please.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 307.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=410 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">1. Panasonic DVD Recorder/VCR Combo (DMR-ES40VS) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">DVD recorder/VCR combo: Enjoy the convenience of a VCR and a DVD recorder rolled into a single unit. You have the freedom to record and play back your treasured home movies and favorite shows in stunningly clear digital format. <o:p></o:p>

Recording formats: DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R <o:p></o:p>

(Sony: DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL)<o:p></o:p>

Progressive-scan playback: Enjoy your favorite programs and movies in enhanced-definition (480p) format when connected to a digital TV through the component video output.<o:p></o:p>

Multi-format playback: Enjoy DVDs, CDs, MP3s and more with multi-format playback. <o:p></o:p>

A/V versatility: S-video and component video outputs provide excellent picture quality. The digital optical output gives you crisp, realistic sound to make the home theater experience complete. <o:p></o:p>

Front DV input: The front DV input makes it easy to hook up and transfer your favorite videos from the camcorder to the DVD recorder.<o:p></o:p>

Recording is simple with Time Slip, which lets you record and play a program simultaneously. Another great feature is the Chasing Playback feature which lets you watch the portion of the program that has already been saved while the unit continues to record the rest of the show.<o:p></o:p>

Digital audio:

Convenience features: Two-way one-touch dubbing, six recording modes, refresh dubbing from VHS to DVD, thumbnails of every program for easy identification and much more. $275 (was $299)

or:
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p><TABLE style="WIDTH: 307.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=410 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">2. Sony DVD Recorder/VCR Combo (RDR-VX515) <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">DVD recorder and VCR: Digitally record and play back your favorite TV shows and home movies on DVD. The hi-fi VCR ensures that you can enjoy your entire movie collection.<o:p></o:p>

DVD recording formats:DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL<o:p></o:p>

Multi-format playback: Enjoy DVDs, CDs, MP3s and much more thanks to multi-format playback.<o:p></o:p>

One-button dubbing: Transfer non-copyrighted material from DVD to VHS or from VHS to DVD with the touch of a button.<o:p></o:p>

Progressive scan (480p): This video signal reduces picture flickering to give your movies a crispness and clarity you've never seen when connected to a digital TV through the component or S-video output.<o:p></o:p>

A/V versatility: Component and S-video deliver versatility and superior picture quality.<o:p></o:p>

Easy DVD hook-up guide: For the best possible picture, simply follow these guidelines and use the best cables your TV accepts:
    Good: Composite video
    Better: S-video
    Best: Component video<o:p></o:p>

Virtual surround sound: Choose from three virtual surround modes for the best possible audio.<o:p></o:p>

Transfer video directly to and from compatible components like digital camcorders. $299 (was $399).

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></o:p>

Thanks Guys....I really appreciate your help.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Working...
X