Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curiosity: What kind of rig could I build on a 20K budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity: What kind of rig could I build on a 20K budget?

In two years (I don't mean It'll take me two years to build it, but I will build a gaming rig two years from now) I plan on building a gaming rig, spending up to $20,000 on it. Sure things'll be 2-4 times more powerful than they are today, but what could I expect to have after using $20,000 today? 10TB of disk space? 10GB ram? The ability to run near-CG quality graphics, lol?

Re: Curiosity: What kind of rig could I build on a 20K budget?

Things won't even be twice as powerful, and you couldn't spend that much on anything that would actually supplement gaming. IMO even "perfect" system probably wouldn't have hardware that expensive. I suppose there might be exotic cooling solutions that could cost into the thousands that let you overclock to rediculous amounts, but at that point you're actually making the computer harder to use. Past $2500 you're basically wasting money, and IMO even $2000 is more than anyone would realistically need.

Comment

Re: Curiosity: What kind of rig could I build on a 20K budget?

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
      Things won't even be twice as powerful, and you couldn't spend that much on anything that would actually supplement gaming. IMO even "perfect" system probably wouldn't have hardware that expensive. I suppose there might be exotic cooling solutions that could cost into the thousands that let you overclock to rediculous amounts, but at that point you're actually making the computer harder to use. Past $2500 you're basically wasting money, and IMO even $2000 is more than anyone would realistically need.
      Cool, that way I could save a lot of money, and have plenty left over for updates when needed.

Comment

Working...
      X