New PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PSU

Hey guys im thinkn of getting a new PSU and not quiet sure what i should buy. My current 1 which came with the ATX case, a 400w 1 does not seem to b doing the job. Heres my setup

AMD64 3200+
    Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9
    XFX Gf 6600GT 128DDR3
    Floppy
    LiteOn 16x DVD-RW
    1g(512x2) Kingston Ram
    4xUSB ports are curently being used for Mouse, KB, Printer and Modem

Im in Australia and thinkn of spending about $100. I rather a good quality 450w over a crap 500w 1.

thanks for all ur opinions and suggestions

Re: New PSU

Get a PSU with mutiple 12v rails. They seem to work well with todays high end hardware.

Comment

I have always used Antec PSU's (latest for me is the TruepowerII 550) they are powerful and reliable.

Comment

Yeh i was thinkn of gettn the 500w Antac SmartPower2 ne opinions on that PSU???

Comment

I had the smartpower 350 for 2 years before getting the trupower550 it worked without a hitch and still does, but I needed more power when doing my latest upgrade.

AMD Opteron @ 3.0G (300x10)
          Abit AN8 NF4 Mobo
          XFX 7800GTX (490\1350)
          2GB CORSAIR XMS PC3200
          2x 160 gig WD (sata raid-0)
          NEC-3500a 16x DVD-RW
          Zalman CNPS9500 Heatsink
          Antec Super LanBoy Case
          Antec 550w TruePowerII P/S
          ViewSonic 19" 8ms LCD Widescreen

Comment

Get something 480W or better from Antec, Enermax, Fortron, or any other good brand. I'd recommend you get one with a 24-pin power connector (or a 20-pin with 4 detachable pins) even if your motherboard doesn't have a 24-pin connector. If it does, then it's absoultely necessary that you get one.

Comment

Yeh my Mobo has a 24-pin connector but the extra 4-pins are currently covered because my PSU only has a 20-pin connector. So a 24-pin connector is necessary yeh?

Comment

Sometimes they work without them, but most people report instability without one even if they're using a good power supply. Since you're getting a new one anyway, there's no reason not to get one with a 24-pin connector.

Comment

thanks for ur suggestions and help guyz

Comment

Working...
                  X