Build me a computer for both computation and game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Build me a computer for both computation and game

Any decent 500W PSu ith a 24-pin power connector should be fine. What PSU comes with the case?

Comment

The Sonata II come with Smart Power 2.0 450 W,

BTW how do you comments about those two mobos and the rest in posts No 14(3 above this one)

Comment

The MSI K8N NEO-4 Platinum is by far the better motherboard. And it will outclock that ASUS board hands down.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
          The MSI K8N NEO-4 Platinum is by far the better motherboard. And it will outclock that ASUS board hands down.
          Do you have comments on other parts?

Comment

Originally posted by YeJX
            The Sonata II come with Smart Power 2.0 450 W,

BTW how do you comments about those two mobos and the rest in posts No 14(3 above this one)
            A 450W isn't enough.

The MSI is better, as Casecutter said.

There aren't any games that a 6800 won't play, but a 7800 will play them with higher visual settings and higher framerates.

Comment

Then What case you might recommend? The Antec case with biggest PSU is Sonata II with 450W.

Comment

also how do you think about Neo4-F compare with Platium

Comment

Originally posted by YeJX
                  Then What case you might recommend? The Antec case with biggest PSU is Sonata II with 450W.
                  Dont' choose a case based on what power supply it has. No case out there will have a sufficient power supply. You have to buy one separately.
                  Last edited by Yawgm0th; 12-28-2005, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Personally, I always get a generic case with good fan placement with no PSU. I also recommend buying a highend power supply as you will be dissapointed with the results from a cheapo.

The NEO-F is a good board, it just doesn't have as much features as the Platinum. I love MSI boards. I personally have the NEO-F SLI board as I don't need the extra stuff the Platinum has. This board still has all the overclocking options I want. The Platinum has better on board sound, dual LAN and extra accessories. That stuff is a waste if you ask me.

If you get a 6800, get a 6800GS. They are monster cards and people are getting them to overclock ferociously on the stock coolers. It will also play every game out on good settings. A 7800GT is also a good choice if you have the extra to spend.

You may not be considering overclocking now, but you should build it like you will in the future so you don't have to buy components twice. Look for a case that is open and roomy and has good airflow. 120MM fans are better and will provide better cooling. I would never buy a name brand case as I feel they are a complete waste of money. I go to smaller computer stores to get my cases as that way I can actually see it in person and get a good idea of how well it flows air.
                    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                    PC P&C 500W PSU
                    2TB Seagate
                    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
                      Personally, I always get a generic case with good fan placement with no PSU. I also recommend buying a highend power supply as you will be dissapointed with the results from a cheapo.

The NEO-F is a good board, it just doesn't have as much features as the Platinum. I love MSI boards. I personally have the NEO-F SLI board as I don't need the extra stuff the Platinum has. This board still has all the overclocking options I want. The Platinum has better on board sound, dual LAN and extra accessories. That stuff is a waste if you ask me.

If you get a 6800, get a 6800GS. They are monster cards and people are getting them to overclock ferociously on the stock coolers. It will also play every game out on good settings. A 7800GT is also a good choice if you have the extra to spend.

You may not be considering overclocking now, but you should build it like you will in the future so you don't have to buy components twice. Look for a case that is open and roomy and has good airflow. 120MM fans are better and will provide better cooling. I would never buy a name brand case as I feel they are a complete waste of money. I go to smaller computer stores to get my cases as that way I can actually see it in person and get a good idea of how well it flows air.
                      I will think about this, how ever, As I do not plan to do OC if I get a generic case and with a PSU, I guess it will take me 100$ more( for example a P180+ True Power 2.0 500W compare with Sonata II )
                      Yes, I do not need those extra feature, I guess I will just buy a Neo4-F

I will guess either EVGA 6800GS or 6600GT as I do not play those high end game recently and in near future.

Sure, I will go a local small store to discover everything and make them together. Actually, we have a store with free asemble service if you buy all stuff from them.

Comment

Working...
                      X