Need help on choosing Water Cooled Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on choosing Water Cooled Case

Hello all, it's been a while since my last confession... I mean post.

I'm building a new system, and I want to try out a water cooled setup, but I don't want to add a cooling kit to standard case; I'd prefer a water cooled case already done for me.

Unless I'm total wrong in how it's done, and I still have to do everything myself anyway. I am hoping the liquids already put in the system, and all the correct connects are made, I would just need to attach the components.

Here's what I'm thinking as a setup:

Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe
    Pentium D 3.0Ghz
    Patriot PSD22G667K (2) 1GB
    Radeon X850xt 256MB PCI-e
    (2) WD 74GB 10K RAID 0

This system is going to be my main workhorse for 3D modeling/animations.
    THX!

Re: Need help on choosing Water Cooled Case

Just my take on the situation, but unless you have a nearly unlimited budget for a water-cooled enclosure, you should be aware that any pre-made setup like you're looking for will likely be of sub-par components or be nothing more than an enclosure with a preinstalled cheapo water kit. This is mainly due to profits. You can probably find an online store that goes against what I've just stated, but you'll have to look deep into what they're offering and you'll pay a premium price.

Alternatively, you can go ahead and get a case that is designed to handle water cooling systems and then build one. Danger Den, Swiftech and asetek all make very good water cooling solutions and most of these offer a kit that is simply a collection of top quality components that are tested to owrk well together. Then you simply install the water cooling components in the enclosre that works well with water and you're set. You'll have to do more than just install your computer components, but you'll also have a top notch water rig that will last a long time and do an above average job of cooling.

Just my two cents.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Need help on choosing Water Cooled Case

Those are great points Darth. I guess I should really just get into and understand better how it works anyway. I'll check out those systems you mentioned.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X