Much Help Needed, Thanx in advance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much Help Needed, Thanx in advance.

Hi and I would just like to thank in advance whom evey may help me with my problems that I have with building a new pc. Its much appreciated.

Here my Prob.

I got this Mobo and Processor:
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...075224&CatId=0 + http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...445&CatId=1950

And I also got 2 sticks of 512 PC3200. What I need help on is I dont quite understand the compatibility between the CASE(& powersupply) and a I want a SerialATA hardrive. If someone could pick me out a case for under 90$ from this list (ATX, MID TOWER ) with powersupply that will work with a SATA hard drive and work with my motherboard.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...asp?CatId=1509

Thanx So much to anyone that can Help me.

Re: Much Help Needed, Thanx in advance.

Don't use a power supply that comes with a case. The only ones that aren't crappy won't provide enough power anyway.

I'd also recommend against shopping at Tiger Direct. Newegg is a much better site, with a wider selection, better service, and better prices.

Comment

Yeah I know that But Im canadian.... newegg dosent ship to Canada.

huh? Some come with like 400 - 500 Watt x-connent psu... lol im pretty shur thats more then enough.
      Last edited by Nantel; 10-15-2005, 07:25 PM.

Comment

As a fellow Canadian I have also bought from TigerDirect in the past. Problems with a recent order have taught me that they may not be a great choice anymore. It took almost three weeks to get two monitor cables and I found it almost impossible to get any information from TigerDirect as to the status of my order. (There was no tracking info available). Just for fun try phoning their toll free number and using the "service department" option and see if you ever actually get to talk to anyone. Be prepared to be on hold at least 30 to 45 minutes and even then you may find your call dropped back to the automated menu. If you use the "sales department" option the wait is about 10 minutes. At one point I did get to speak with someone who told me that my parts had been shipped to California! This same person told me that correcting the problem would take a minimum of 10 days to fix. I asked to have my money refunded and was eventually told that the credit card charge would be reversed by the next day. ...guess what? My money was never refunded but the parts arrived two days later. If TigerDirect is your supplier of choice then I wish you good luck. They may have been alright in the past but something has gone wrong. ...I've heard good things about NCIX.com and I'll be using them or memoryexpress.com next time I can't find what I need at a local store. /end rant
        I would think a 500watt PSU should be sufficient for your needs. Xconnect hasn't got a great reputation but will prolly do the job.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Nantel
          Yeah I know that But Im canadian.... newegg dosent ship to Canada.
          I wasn't thinking straight... I must have confused TigerDirect with another site. I know Newegg doesn't ship to Canada, unfortunately.
          Originally posted by Nantel
          huh? Some come with like 400 - 500 Watt x-connent psu... lol im pretty shur thats more then enough.
          It's not. Most of the PSUs are just crappy, regardless of wattage. However, since you're just using a socket 754 system you can probably get away with 450-500W. But, it needs to be from a good brand. I'd say Thermaltake and Antec are the only case manufacturers (off the top of my head) that produce both good cases and good PSUs. Go for one of them, and at least 450W. I'd almost bet money than any of their PSUs will come with a SATA power connector or at least a converter, assuming your hard drive and motherboard don't.

Comment

Working...
          X