Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi Question

okay first of all..
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt colSpan=3>Okay this may sound really stupid but I HAVE HEARD that usb adapters may not work on all routers. True or false? Cuz my new desktop is being stripped away of its glory with no internet.
    If usb adaptors work on all routers which should i buy for the cost around 50-60 bux canadian?
    If not, which PCI card with same price range?
    thanks
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Re: Wifi Question

The router can't tell whether a wireless device is USB, PCI, or PCMCIA.

My personal brand preference is Netgear, simply because I've encountered problems with most of the other major brands.

Comment

Now my question is, which one to buy?!??! PCI or usb.

Comment

USB tends to be easier to use, overall. While it can be weaker, and it's much more difficult to make your own antenna for it, should the need arise, in most situations the fact that you can move it around to a lot of different places makes it superior. On the other hand, if you get a PCI card with an adjustable (corded) antenna, USB doesn't have much of an advantage.

On the other hand, USB is easy to move around from computer to computer and will work in a laptop, if you need it to.

Comment

pci it is,
          thanks again, uve been solvin my ass for the 2nd time o_O

Comment

Working...
          X