New Video Card for Compaq Presario Model 7110US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video Card for Compaq Presario Model 7110US

I am looking for recommendations for a new video card that will work with an older PC, a Compaq Presario model 7110US. The current video card is a 64MB SDR nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV-Out & I would like to replace it with something that has a little more power. I'd like to be able to play the Sims 2.

I emailed Compaq/HP support & asked them what current video cards would work with the motherboard in my PC was sent an unhelpful reply.

Do you all have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: New Video Card for Compaq Presario Model 7110US

AGP or PCI?

Comment

Originally posted by KoolDrew2
      AGP or PCI?
      I'm sorry, it has an AGP slot. A 4x/8x card should work if I understand right because it will go down & run at the 4x level...correct?

Comment

Correct. Can you post the system specs so we don't have to look them up on HP's site?

Comment

Windows XP Home Edition, 786mb RAM, 60 gig HD, DVD-ROM, CD-RW ROM, Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128 sound card, 64MB SDR nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV-Out, 1.3 Ghz Athlon processor.

Comment

What is your budget? This one will do pretty well in your system for about $130.
            Rosewill Geforce 6600 256mb 128bit agp 4x/8x R6600-256D

Comment

Just get yourself a 128MB 6600 and save some money. You won't get much benefit out of a 256MB version.

Comment

Working...
              X