Watercooling suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercooling suggestions

Well i believe im finally going to break down and get watercooling. Tired of listening to these fans roaring in my ear constantly........I am in need of some recommendations for a water cooling setup as i am new to watercooling. I have a P4 3.2C processor(currently at 3.52) radeon 9800xt, asus p4c800-e deluxe mobo, maxtor 40 gig hdd, 768 pc4000 memory(wish id have gone 3500 now....oh well....)and a thermaltake xaser IV case. The current cooling setup is 10 fans total including the heatsink and the psu. This computer roars however im impressed with the cooling I get and I have looked everywhere for a better air cooling solution and I cant find one. This air setup produces water cooling like results(32-33C at idle and 36-38 under load) Looking for a setup at that temp range or better. Ill say this again so no one states the obvious, I want a quiet solution that is why im switching so keep that in mind if you can help me. Thx alot everyone.

Before anyone can recommend a workable water cooling solution we need you to answer one question first. This answer will direct the rest of the comments...

Are you willing to make mods to the case to accompany the water cooler or are you looking for a non-mod type kit?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Probably a non mod kit....i dont really want to cut on my case. Plus it has tons of room inside it anyways....i have 3 open hdd bays and 1 open 5.25 bay

Comment

for a water cooler to cool as well as the air system you have at the moment you would probalby need to have a large system with alot of water in it. this would probably result in you having to cut your case or have an external reservoir and radiator.

Comment

i doubt ill need to do any cutting....look at the specs on my case...its huge and i have alot of room in it left

Comment

I've just received the Swiftech kit for testing so can't give you any true-to0life data yet, but I've been hearing good things about it. Their website is http://www.swiftnets.com/ and the kit I'm getting ready to test is their new H20-8600 water kit. I've also heard good things from the kits you custom build over at Danger Den, but I haven't researched if they are available without having to mod the case. I'm sure they probably have something along this line.

I'll let you know how the Swiftech kit performs when I get it all hooked up. It can be installed without any case modding too. :)
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X