PSU Reccomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSU Reccomendations

For the first piece of my new system, I'm going to be getting a new Power Supply. There were a few I was looking at, such as the Thermaltake 480 Butterfly, or something from Raidmax, or a Aspire clear mod 400 watt. As you can see, I have a ton of options and cannot decide. Above anything I want the PSU to be able to handle all my components, which Ill list here for review:

4 Cold Cathode Tubes
    4 80mm Case Fans
    Possible 120mm case fan
    Thermaltake 7+
    Epox 8RDA3+
    Barton 2500+ O/Ced to 400mhz FSB and beyond (hopefully)
    9600xt
    Audigy
    2x SATA drives in Raid 0
    48x cdrom
    LiteOn dvd/cd-rw combo
    Floppy ;)

I think thats about it. Id like 2 SATA power connectors so I dont need any convertors. Itd be nice if it looked decent too (black/blue/silver) not usual beige. Would be great if the cables all came pre-wrapped too. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Edit: I did some reasearch on PFC, and it sounds like a good thing, as its required in Europe, but is it really worth it, cuz you know those Europeans *duck*

Originally posted by Fatguy3
    Barton 2500+ O/Ced to 400mhz FSB and beyond (hopefully)
    I hope that ya mean 200MHz (400DDR) but ya havn't stated any memory. I've been usin' Antec True 480 and TrueBlue 480 (blue LED fans) for extra heavy loads with n/p's.

Comment

Well I was trying to think of eveything that related to power supply. For memory Im going to get 2x 512mb ddr400 sticks. Buffalo Tech is looking pretty good right now. EIther that, crucial, or OCZ Dual Channel. Yeah, I was reffering to the FSB relative to memory speed, mostly cuz im an idiot :) Trying to plan out this system is really frying my brain.

Im gonna take a hard look at the Antecs. If they work for you they'll probably work for me.

Comment

As Wiggo stated the Antec line of power supplies is excellent, but I'll say right now that I have never had a more stable power level from ANY power supply as I got when I tested that Thermaltake 480 Butterfly. No matter what voltage rail you want a good supply of power to, this thing was awesome!
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Damnit. I can get the Antec True 480 for 89 US with shipping at newegg. But I can get the thermaltake at ExcaliberPC for 87 with 2nd shipping. Thats without PFC, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if thats worth paying an extra 10 dollars for. The Thermaltake defintely looks better. Im leaning towards thermaltake...anyone wanna push me over the edge?

Comment

Its gonna be the Butterfly. The price is right, and the fact that you get a case mod with the 7 color LED, al the cables are sleeved, plus another 80mm blower fan I can put in my backup rig, its defintely worth it. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Working...
            X