tv or crt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv or crt??

should i buy a crt or tv to use as a monitor. im trying to save space by getting a tv and use it as an all in one type thing, but if it sucks for games then i guess i wont.

welp check this out if all your going to be using for your viewing purposes is gaming then a CRT will be fine but I gotta be truthful with you, you wont be able to use a TV for anything else other then gaming because a TV's resolution is no where high enough to display PC and applications clear enough and in a comfort level that you would like to be at and on top of that for you to get the true experience of a game a CRT would be your best bet and even on top of that CRTs are so cheap nowadays and if you don't want that you can even find deals for 15 LCDs(to save space) for real cheap ill see what other people have to say but i think Ive covered a good portion of your question.so yes buy a CRT rather then a TV in the long run its just the way to go

Comment

Get a 19" or 21" CRT.
      If you use a TV you won't be able to read a thing, not very good at displaying text. TV is only used for presentation, well in my case it is :smokin:

Comment

If ya want to do that then get a plasma TV because as stated b4 the resolution on a standard TV is useless (min. 640x480- standard and max.800x600 on a few good ones), refresh rate in most cases is around 30Hz (60Hz min. for a monitor) and yes text will be so blurry ya'll need glasses after a while. Just get a good CRT and TV tuner card.

Comment

Most CRT I've seen these days are pretty small compared to back then.

Comment

Sifn't Projector ;)

Comment

cat. those cost more than my computer did :o thanks guys. ill just go with crt.

Comment

Projectors are only good in dark rooms

Comment

not necessarily. they work fine with the lights on, and if you dont like it with the lights on you can just turn them off. my computer science class is tought on a projector with the lights on and it looks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dude281
                    not necessarily. they work fine with the lights on, and if you dont like it with the lights on you can just turn them off. my computer science class is tought on a projector with the lights on and it looks fine.
                    I'd have to agree. The college I'm at now has one in all the copmuter labs (where I spend all of my time anyway) and the prof's frequently use them with the lights on without a problem.

but it's not a very practical device in a home, unless you are using it to replace a monitor and a TV. But then you could only use one or the other at a time, so it's still not very practical as far as costs go. Then again, we have people willing to spend $1000 US on a single cpu :shrug:

Comment

and plus, projectors are too slow to play fast paced games like raven shield and whatnot. there would be a lot of blurring going on. the refresh rates and all that kind of stuff arent high enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X