New Motherboard and powersupply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motherboard and powersupply

I had a 7nnxp form gigabyte and it just got tosted.:grr: because of the powersupply i had a 450 watt power supply. Its the black one. Any ways Iam rmaing my motherboard and powersupply and want to know what would be a good motheboard and powersupply? I dont plan on getting another gigabyte.

If you have an AMD and are using it for a gaming rig, definitely go for a mobo with dual channel memory. I have the Epox 8RDA3+ and love it. Another favorite of people here is the Asus A7N8X. In either case, if you only have one stick of memory you'll want to buy another stick for best performance. One stick is fine, but the boards are designed to work best with two.

As for powersupply, Enermax or Antec 300W will do you fine if you don't have a lot of peripherals.

Comment

Thanks for the reply as for power iam going to have 1 hd, ati radeon 9800, 5 led fans, volcano 12 heatsink, 2 cd rom drives, and 1 hotswap drive. Any ways how good is the Epox 8RDA3+ at overclocking??

Comment

Well with all of those components, I'd suggest a 350 or maybe even 400W, to be on the safe side. As for OC'ing the 8RDA3+, it does a great job. FSB and memory overclocking are built right into the BIOS and very easy to manipulate.

Comment

i would go with a asus a7n8x deluxe if u have the money , beacuse it has a lot of things in it;s pakage. i would also recommend a MSI DELTA-L if u ar on a budget.

for a powersupply the enermax 350w eg356p-ve will work great for a normal gaming setup, each rail is stable expept the 5v one (around 4.9v). the power supply is VERY silent and at a very affortable price

if u ar using pc 2700 ram right now, i would also concder upgrading to pc 3500.

Comment

Working...
          X