Building a comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a comp

Get a better brand of motherboard, Asus, Epox, Abit, Soltek, MSI or whatever as long as it's got the NForce2 chipset.

Get a good brand of ram, PC-3200 would be great, PC-2100 is to slow.

Comment

like tweaker said I would suggest that you get a better mother board such as the Asus A7N8X and some good PC3200 ram because that PC2100 ram is just way too slow for that system

Comment

on-board motherboard sound is very decent these days i dont think you will have need for an Audigy if you are just going to be using it for games/mp3's.

Comment

Games and MP3s are exactly what you would want high end sound for, what do you mean "just games/mp3s"?

If its the Nforce2 chipset the Soundstorm is very good and an addon card is not needed. If it isn't, something like an Audigy or Audigy 2 will defintely sound better. And, EAX 4.0 is out now.

Comment

personally i find no point in getting a Audigy/Audigy 2, unless you want top quality sound, and are going to be using it for recording and the like.

it depends what you want to use it for.

Comment

Well, it's listed as an Audigy there, not an Audigy 2. Better off getting an nForce2 motherboard as was suggested earlier that has Soundstorm audio onboard.

Comment

Working...
              X