Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which stores ship outside US?

I've read the stickies above and there are recommendations
    for a lot of good online retailers, that offer great prices.

But most don't ship outside US or if they do they require money order in advance and charge incredible amounts for shipping even tiny things like memory.

Does anyone know of a company that will ship internationally for a reasonable price and accept credit card orders?

Br
    hepp

To what country or region are you talking about?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

The question was general, I think this to applies to anyone living outside of countries already mentioned in the stickies (US, Canada, UK & Australia ).

Personally I live in Finland at the moment.
      If you want to buy branded memory here you are limited to Kingston or GeIL...

Br
      hepp

Comment

Kingston makes great stuff, as far as overclocking goes its at the top of the list.

Comment

Same Soulburner as on OCA?

The 3D mark suggest that you are.
          Any idea with my link to OCA is rerouted to www.bighardware.com? Which wasn't quite what I was looking for:no:.

Yes, I know some ppl got lucky with Kingston HyperX 3200 and 3500 but I want to run 1:1 and have read in several reviews that the KHX4000K2 does not overclock at all and the timings are
          3-4-4-8.

Have you a different experience?

Br
          hepp

Comment

Think I can answer my own question now.

If you are looking for memory and live in Europe
            you should check out: www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk.

Comment

What speed are you planning on running 1:1? The HyperX that uses BH5 (KHX3000, 3200) have reached 250mhz @ 2-2-2-5 with some voltage given to them. On my board with the 2.85v that I have they will run up to 223 (DDR446) 2-2-2-5.

OCA recently was sold and changed hands....so the whole site is different now. I have since moved to another forum with the others in a sort of migration...sad to see it go since OCA was such a great site.

Comment

Deviating a little from the thread subject...

I was hoping to go well above 250...

Ofcourse I might be able to achive same or better performance using 5:4 or 3:2 with better timings.

But this is my personal goal and it does not have to make sense.
                Guess OC rarely does. However fast we manage to make our machine we'll never save as much time as we wasted in getting them fast. And when will we have time to use all the time we have saved, anyway?

Sorry got lost again.. to hit 270-280 it'll have to be PC4000 or PC4200 and I quote "The Kingston 4000 isn't that great."
                (Guess who wrote that :D )

So Kingston is out.

Think I'll try some A DATA PC4000, though I don't really have the voltage to hit 300.

Br
                Hepp

Comment

The only Kingston worth anything to overclockers is BH5 (3000, 3200).

The absolute fastest memory right now is the OCZ PC4200.

Comment

Seems we are all agreed.

For the moment..

OCZ 4200 EL

But my CPU did not seem stable above 280 so I guess I don' t need to spend the extra $'s for a 4200.

Br
                    hepp

Comment

Working...
                    X