Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CPU Cooler

Has anyone seen these:

Y.S. TECH Tip-Magnetic Driving Fan (T.M.D. FAN) relocates motor from traditional location of central hub to the 4 corners.COOLING POWER It reduces 75% of traditional motor hub area. This revolutionary breakthrough not only increases 30% of airflow and static pressure, but also brings air stream directly to the centralized heat source. As a result, T.M.D. FAN improves the efficiency of heat dissipation at least 15%. POWER CONSUMPTION / TORQUE Locating motor at 4 corners substantially expands the room for winding. Thus, lower power consumption can be easily attained. At the same time, the torque of motor becomes even much more powerful than ever. ACOUSTIC NOISE / BALANCE As known, the tips of fan blades are the main source of noise when a fan is rotating. The magnet of T.M.D. FAN surrounds along the tips of fan blades. This "tip-magnetic" design eliminates the major noise source of an impeller and provides the suspended balancing force when impeller is rotating.This 70x70x15mm Fan is mounted on a special P4 478 Heatsink /w Copper base to produce great performance. Fan Specs: RPM: 4500 (-/+ 10%) Voltage: DC 12V Rated Current: 0.19A Power consumption: 2.28W Airflow: 29.6CFM Noise Level: 33 dBa MTBF: 80000Hrs

They have almost identical specs to the Vantec AeroFlow an are $10 less. I'm going to pick one up unless anyone sees something wrong with it... (I know a hybrid Al/Cu cooler isnt as good as an all copper one, but I dont need the extra performance). Thx, : peace2: Mista K6

I just ordered one of these ...I saw one review already and it seems perfect for my HTPC.
    I splurged a bit and got 5 quiet fans and black mesh fangrills too :D :devil win

Comment

i say thats a pretty good fan and heatsink for the price.

but is the heatsink FUll copper? or aluminum and copper?

Comment

If yer asking me Smokin, yeah...it's all copper with a 22dB fan:thumb:

Comment

Just re-read those reviews....
          It's within 1-2 degrees of a TT Volcano 11+ on high, and within 2-3 degrees of an SLK 800 with a Vantec Tornado....on high! Man, amazing if these reviews are correct. I should have it within a few days. It will be replacing a stock AMD Barton 2500+ cooler with the copper core that I have on an XP 1800+....I'll let ya know how much better it is. :thumb: :cheers:

Comment

hey, sorry for not replying, the start of school has been nuts. My cooler is all aluminum with a copper core covering the CPU (makes sense). I ordered in, two round cables, and about 5 case fans, so my comp is gonna run nice and cool now :D . Wordbiker, that HSF you showed only fits a socket 370 Intel, I have an early Socket 478, so no good :( . Thx anyways, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

DOH! : omg:
              Guess I shoulda looked closer. Sorry man.:o
              I can't wait for my fans either...:cheers:

Comment

Right now the best air cooling for a CPU is the SLK900U with 92mm Tornado.....although it is a bit loud :thumb:.

Comment

Yeah, and a bit expensive...:rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by Wordbiker
                    Yeah, and a bit expensive...:rolleyes2
                    Yup, and loud as hell.......not needed unless your doing high end overclocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                      Yup, and loud as hell.......not needed unless your doing high end overclocking.
                      Uh huh....yeah:rolleyes:

Comment

no worries, I always have to re-read posts :p . Yah, loud is def not the thing here. My fans arrived today tho (yay! :woot: ), and I'm going to get cracking on putting them in my case tomorrow :hammer: . I can finally run this thing with the case closed and it'll be quiet :thumb: . I also ordered some artic alumina thermal adhesive (non-conductive, so I dont have to seal the leads/traces on the memory) for my vid card. The pins do a horrible job of keeping the beautiful heat spreader system of MSI cards attached to the RAM chips. It's horrible, some of the chips only have half of their surfaces touching the heat spreader :grr: . Ahh well, I have some work ahead of me, and with luck, I can o/c my card up to 300/600 again. Thx for the replies, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
                        X