Upgrade into dual Xeon3.06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade into dual Xeon3.06

since someone would pay my used 2.8ghz+P4s8x(a lot of problem)+old case+reformat hd for $570.
    I upgrade to the next level, dual Xeon 3.06Ghz($1040)+ intel SE7505VB2($390) +CORSAIR 2*1gb ddr 2100 reg ecc low profile($540).
    my problem is my koolance, should i buy one more kooler product just to cool down my cpus and the koolance for other components?
    about the os, can i use my existing os(XP pro) in my raptor?
    For now, that's all my question. I will get the cpu & mobo tomorrow morning from intel directly.

If my memory servers correct, koolance is a water cooling system, so to cool your second cpu, all you should need is a second CPU waterblock, and maybe some more tubing, if you want to cool other parts of your computer with your Koolance, just buy the apporopriate waterblock, maybe some more tubing and away you go :thumb:

Now about your SATA RAID, you can use your current install, but because you are changing your motheboard, i would recommend you reinstall WinXP Pro.
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

They might have not tested to fit a 13"x14" motherboard(server board) into their koolance case. There is no way to put my server board on it with the reservoir still sitting on that case.
      I have to modified my case. And stupid things is intel did not provide any screws or washer to install their cooling holder.
      And shuut, they just had a new Xeon3.0 6 ghz with 1mb L2 cache.
      and the price will go down 34% per 1000 units from July 13. whoever read this Forum, you will have a chance to get any of intel products really cheap (about $100-150 less than online store).
      Want to know how. Like this, go to intel reseller program, and register with your fake company name, but true email address and other info. After that they will approve you, then go to sales product tools, you can buy with limit 1 set per item. After they really check of your existing company, then they will cancel your account (about 2 weeks). If i think about My profit, this new rig is my profit. Pssssttt!!!! don't tell anyone else about this ok. Try with confidence. trust me!!! it worked.

Comment

Working...
      X