Just making sure, would everything run nicely and optimal? T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just making sure, would everything run nicely and optimal? T

I'm thinking about making a system like this ...

A-OPEN 56X IDE CD-ROM
    ABIT NF7-S ABIT NVIDIA NFORCE2 SOCKET A ATX S-ATA
    OPTICAL MOUSE BLUE
    CI-6919 BLACK COMPUCASE SUPERMIDI TOWER, ATX 300W
    DIAMONDMAX+9 160GB DMA133 7200RPM FDB
    KINGSTON 512 MB DDR 266MHZ
    LOGITECH INTERNET NAVIGATOR KEYBOARD SE
    AMD ATHLON XP 2700+ THOROUGHBRED 2.17 GHZ BOXED
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET 9500 PRO 128MB

^ The system can handle faster ram, what should i buy? Does PC-2700 $hit work with that mobo (im a nooby with mobos)?

^ I would buy a Logitech mouse, but are the drivers ok today?

Don't just read it, help me :cry:

Comment

Patience my son and all will be answered. ;)

OK with the mobo that ya picked ya memory can quickly become a bottleneck even though at stock speeds will be alright. Even though runnin' ya memory faster than the CPU's FSB will actually bring ya a step backwards as with the dual channel setup ya already have twice the required memory bandwidth of the CPU but this chipset overclocks like crazy and PC3200 would be more preferable (I use PC3500 with that chipset) in the long run (plus helps ya keep more aggress timings). Also checkout the quality of the PSU as it may not handle the load about to be put on it (high loads on the 3.3 & 5 volt rails are guaranteed and will require at least a 200 watt rating across those 2 rails to be stable.

Comment

Comment

OR should i jump to the intel camp where they have double fsb's : i just would prefer an AMD this time.

So ... what RAM should i get?
          Or a different mobo?

Comment

Actually a rev.2 nForce2 chipset board will easily allow ya to put that 2700+ on a 200MHz FSB anyway without overclockin' as such (I'm awaitin' an 8RDA3+ at this very moment so I can jack this 2600+ even further) as all 133MHz FSB CPU's that I've used with them so far have safely ported to the 166MHz FSB. That PC3500 memory would be much better but PC3200 should be enough if ya not goin' to overclock (where's that doctor? I think that I have another patient for him). :D

Comment

so what should i do?

Comment

Working...
              X