Mod List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod List

I have just put together a parts list for a computer I plan to build this summer, I would like to know what you think of the products, if i can get something cheaper, or suggest that i get a better part...
    all suggestions are open..
    Suggestions Needed!!!
    PC Mod List

Get the Chaintech 5200 FX Ultra 128 DDR from Newegg. It's cheaper, plus Chaintech rocks! I have a Chaintech card, and my friend has the Ti 4600. We are both satisfied customers :thumb:

Comment

the TI card on newegg is almost $50 more than my current one, should i change it?

Comment

The 5200 is a poor preformer, the old TI 4600 can out preform them (until games support DX9 then its a different story)...

Comment

Id assume your basing that on the old benchmarks toolbox? Remember, the Detenator FX drivers offer a 30% increase for FX cards.

Comment

Actually its 5-30% so u cud just get a 5% increase with the new drivers which is quite small:o

Comment

Just my opinion, but Def get an old Ti card over an FX5200, even if it's a Ti4200 like mine. Unless you get a FX5800, the new FX series is crap. I've seen bench marks were my little Ti4200 easily beat a FX5600, and a Ti4600 and whoop anything except the FX5800, providing we're talking about non-DX9 games. You can get a Ti4200 Bulk for about $100, or retail for about $130. If you're into o/c'ing, they o/c pretty well, and they're an overall good budget card. Also, I think those new Detenator drives offer a 5-30% increase in performance for ALL nVidia cards, even down to the TNT2. Anyways, your comp looks great otherwise, good luck! : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

i dont plan on oc'n

Comment

Get as much of it as you possibly can from www.newegg.com.... most etailers charge a 5-8 dollar handleing fee PER ORDER, so if it is all on one order, you only have to pay that ONCE.

Why on earth go with an Intel system? a 260$ mobo? (omg)

I strongly suggest an Epox 8RDA+ (90$) with a AMD XP (barton) 2500+ right now (115$)

You have ZERO need for a 500W power supply, but if you must I would suggest getting any variation of an Antec Power supply, (and not the one you listed)

Why 3 hard drives?

Get ALL LiteON drives... burners, DVD, cd, etc. Liteon wins for quality and performance, and beats just about everyone in price.

If you go with an athlon system get a Volcano 7+

Memory: IF those corsairs are 100$ each stick, just go with: (2) 512 sticks of Crucial ram from Newegg for 140$ (total), and take advantage of the DUAL CHANNEL ram support your Epox mobo will have.

Screw wireless if you have a LAN connection... 11 mbps Wireless is already a dead standard (not forwards or backwards compatable, NOT TO mention its only capable of 2 mbps @ 100 feet.

I would suggest ANY Leadtek or Gainward Graphics card over EVGA.

==========

My opinions are based 100$ on Reliability FIRST.... and Price second. I don't buy cheap crap, but I buy the best bang for the buck. And no offense, but 260$ for a mobo is RIDICULOUS. :)

Comment

Oh yea, and the FX 5200 is Not worth 60$ (unless you plan on buying a new vid card in 6 months)

Any GF4 Ti card will be better in the long haul, as well as any OTHER GF5.

Right now bang for the buck is settled in at the 128MB Ti4200 + Ti4400. (120-160$)

Comment

The more and more I look at AMD the more and more i like. Even though there MHZ are slower they are pretty fast and if you overclock 500 mhz its worth more than 500 mhz on an intel, but intel is just better. I am very happy with my TDK burner my mom got me for X-mas it burns fast. Get a 431 Watt power supplly they are more than enoughbut some nice choises...

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
                        The 5200 is a poor preformer, the old TI 4600 can out preform them (until games support DX9 then its a different story)...
                        Vice City big-boy! :cheers:

Comment

funny, i was just looking for a copy of the game before i read this post...
                          but im sure you have a no warez policy, so ill keep it off the boards..

Comment

Wow I'm impressed, someone actually read the forum rules :thumb: :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

I have updated the link considerably with a new Motherboard, Processor, Video Card, DVDRW, and
                              Case (reduced price).
                              Link to List

Comment

Working...
                              X