MSI or ASUS for graphix????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI or ASUS for graphix????????

I have always been a loyal fan of the Nvidia cards over ATI, dont know why but i just am, and i am going to buy a new GF4 Ti 4800SE i am wondering on whether to get an MSI or an ASUS one. Or maybe i need a slap in the face:shoot2: for buying it, but i can get one for fairly cheap so ya... but any comments, suggestions anything, hit me.:hammer:

I'm not quite sure how correct this is, but I'll post it anyways; if I am wrong, please correct me so I dont give wicked the wrong info :thumb: . Anyways, I remember reading somewhere that the Ti4800's are actually just 4400's and 4600's w/ extra goodies, not a different/better GPU. I'd always say go with the Ti4600 if you have the cash, they are a really good mainstream card if you're an nVidia fan. As for MSI or ASUS, I'd go with an MSI. I have an MSI Ti4200 (see my sig) and o/c'd it from 250/512 stock to 284/581 this winter. Recently I had to bring it down a setting to 279/567 (cause it would keep freezing in UT2003 cause of the summer heat, but that's still pretty good (o/c'd about 11% over stock, not bad :thumb: ). And that's just with stock MSI cooling (fan and copper heat spreader) if you slapped a blue orb on a Ti4600, you could def go a lot higher than my 4200. Anyways, that's just my :2cents: , hoped it helped, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Okay thanks for that but as for what u said, well i dont think that the 4800 is just a 4200 or 4600 with goodies cuz ive seen sum benchmarks on sites like tomshardware and it beat both of those in every trial. and was the best low price card next to all the expensive ones. also it costs less than the 4600 :?: sooo.. ya i dunno but i willl wait for some more posts and see maybe im wrong

Comment

I believe that the Ti 4800 is the same GPU as the Ti 4600, with same core/mem speeds, but it supports AGP 8x, giving it a performance boost over the Ti4600 which only supports AGP4x, at least if ur mobo supports 8x too :thumb:

Comment

ya and it does, so do you think i should go with the 4800?????

Comment

As long as ur mobo supports AGP 8x, its a damn good card, although it probly will not perform as well on games that require DX9 :( Fortunately there are hardly any games out that even requrie DX8.1 so for most gaming needs the GF$ Ti4800 would be a damn good purchase, especially if ur an Nvidia fan cuz the GeForce FX is a pos

Comment

ya man no way im getting an FX, so thats what ill prolly go with anyways thanx a lot cya:smokin:

Comment

Here are some speed for the different models with 8x support:

NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200-8x - 250/256 (512) MHz
                NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800SE - 275/275 (550) MHz
                NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 - 300/325 (650) MHz

So the SE is like a Ti4400 with 8x. It isn't a "Special Edition" like we suposse.

BTW the 8x support doesn't help much, or at least that's what I had read. Maybe helps a little but don't expect much improvement. In the future perphas it will be useful.

Comment

hmmm..okay thanx

Comment

Working...
                  X