Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxtor took over Quantum. :cry:

Comment

Why don't you guys like Seagate. the SATA HDD I bought from them had a three year warranty. what is the deal here. I voted for the Seagate though.

Chaos:devil:

Comment

Other than the cables there's no real benefit at all havin' SATA over ATA100 (ATA133 is as useless as **** on a bull as well).

Comment

:geek: Maxtor has my vote then cos they make some good HDD's, As for ATA 133, yeah it's useless. It's like drivin a mini up an 8 lane, it's not gonna get you there any faster is it?:blah:

Comment

I run 27 SCSI hard drives with different operating systems. These are Seagate-IBM-Western Digital-Quantum Atlas and their all good. Only had one failure and that was an old Quantum Viking.

As for IDE hard drives I really like the Western Digitals--period. I have tried Quantum Fireballs but had a few failures. I really don't want to go into the Maxtor battle---DON'T love them!

Have two WD-1200JB's and one WD-1800JB all in external USB 2 enclosures for storage only of Hot Rods Car photos; and their fast!

Comment

Working...
            X