Harddive Damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harddive Damage?

I'm looking at getting a new sound system for my PC, and my question is, would a system with a large subwoofer create enough vibration to upset my harddrive?

Thanks guys.

Geez Gimp!!

If your going to get that radical/or are so hard of hearing, might want to invest in some solid earphones:D

Love you like a brother and all of course --- but glad your not my neighbor :laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

:laugh: Well I guess thats another option... but how much power do you think I could goto until I'd risk hurting my hardware? I'm not talking like huge $2000 sound system, but something decent with some good bass and clearity.

Comment

might sound a little strange, but if you can get some kind of shock absorber for your PC, like a big chunk of foan for it to sit on (could be hard with a tower...) then it would take most of the vibration.. I'm fairly sure that as long as your case isn't jumping up and down, or moving along the desk / floor.. it should be ok..

Comment

I have a 400watt stereo with 2-15 inch subs hooked up to my pc ....When the part starts the volume somehow ends up to be full blast....My pc never skips a beat

But I do have my case on solid floor.....I wouldn't trust it on a desk

Comment

aight I think I'll be fine then. Thanks again :D

Comment

Yeah - just remember to put some cotton in the dogs ears, cover the fish tank, and cinch up the belt in the ol' game seat -- then let 'er rip!;)
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

if you look up your HD manfacturers specs they usually state operating shock that they can handle, and usually this is rated in G's if you have a system for under 2k that generates Gs of shock, tell me!!!

Comment

Working...
                X