Review: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GByte SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GByte SSD

With the HyperX 3K 120 GByte SSD, Kingston has a Solid State Drive in its portfolio which is based on the latest SandForce SF-2281 series SSD processor and it also comes with a competitive price tag. The drive also features SATA-III support and Kingston claims that the drive can reach throughput rates of more than 500 Megabyte per second. Also for the IOPS the manufacturer promises sky-high numbers. When writing 4 KByte blocks the drive should be able to hit a whopoing 60'000 IOPS and more.

ocaholic - Review: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GByte SSD - Storage - Reviews

Ocaholic Profile

HWBot.org Overclocking Profile

Re: Review: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GByte SSD

Too bad the drive has a bug with TRIM...and too bad the reviewer didn't catch it.

Comment

?

Even if it has got Trim bug then the enduser will have it too, so the test is ok, also we did test with the latest firmware.
      Not our fault if the Trim is bugged. Kingston's job.
      Ocaholic Profile

Comment

What TRIM bug? Wasn't that for SSD Now drives and not the HyperX series?

Comment

Yeah, dont know what he was talking about, as far as I know there isnt any TRIM issue on the HyperX 3K
          Ocaholic Profile

Comment

That's because you just came here to pimp your review and didn't read any of mine. SandForce FW 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 both have the issue. You can read about it here: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 (0-provision) 256GB Solid State Drive Review :: TweakTown USA Edition

Drives affected from the factory are Kingston HyperX 3K, ADATA SX/SP900, Visiontek Racer, SanDisk Extreme and a few others. If you update from 3.3.2 or 3.3.4 to 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 you will kill TRIM. Next time you come here to pimp your article at least make sure it is a worth while read as we don't serve **** on the site or in the forums.

Comment

Hum, thanks for the info,
              weird you seems the only one who caught it, when I google that I don't find any results about a TRIM issue on the SF-2281.

I will check that with Kingston
              Ocaholic Profile

Comment

It's not weird. Most people reviewing SSDs don't know anything about them. I have a pile of drives with the issue and SandForce has already verified the issue. The fix will be out in a couple of weeks. The new firmware is in validation testing now.

Comment

Okay, many thanks for the info, much appreciated :)
                  Ocaholic Profile

Comment

Working...
                  X