Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Performance3 ssd 64GB BSOD issue

Hello,

I've got some issues with the drive mentioned in the title. It has run just fine untill now(6 months or so). Initially the system would crash if let to idle (garbage collection causing the hang?) and the drive would not be found by the bios afterwards. A full power down however would reset things to as usual.

I cleared up some stuff even though the drive had 15GB of free space. The issues went away due to TRIM maybe? Now scanning the windows/system32 folder with Microsoft Security Essentials will crash the system and make the drive not show up. So the question is can windows cause the drive to not show up after reset or is the drive bad.

All power saving features are disabled (including hdd power down, pcie link state). The drive is connected via Asus u3s6 card.

Here is a YouTube clip of what is happening:
    Corsair Performance 3 BSOD issue - YouTube

Any ideas guys?

Abit IX38 QuadGT
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 3.33GHz
    G.skill 2x2GB DDR2 (F2-8000CL5-2GBPQ)
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 (113-587XZNFV13)
    Corsair Performance3(1.0) in Asus u3s6 controller
    windows 7 64bit
    Last edited by hscsd; 01-21-2012, 09:04 AM.

Re: Corsair Performance3 ssd 64GB BSOD issue

My Force GT 120gb sometimes disappears from bios as well after a BSOD, got ROG Crosshair V Formula motherboard ssd connected to native sata ports.
    Will have to do a reinstall soon and I'll try to flash the firmware on the ssd at the same time, maybe thats an option for you as well, check if a newer FW is available.
    My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
    Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
    Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Re: Corsair Performance3 ssd 64GB BSOD issue

I guess I could try that native sata... it will be slower though. As far I know there's no new FW availlable for this drive. Your drive might have different reasons for it's behavior as it has different controller in it.

Comment

Working...
      X