Admin password not working on Buffalo LS Quad after Firmware upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin password not working on Buffalo LS Quad after Firmware upgrade

Two days ago my two-week old 8TB LS-QVL/R5 dropped off the network. I connected directly using my PC's NIC, configured the static IP/turned off Firewall and got the Link station to appear in NAS Nav2 but it was in EM mode and told me it needed a firmware reinstall.

I downloaded v1.54 but it wouldn't see the device until I used LSUpdater in Debug mode - I flashed it Ok and after a reboot it started appearing in NAS Nav2 on my network again. Unfortunately, even though the device name has been reset and I can see the storage is OK, I am unable to access using Web Admin - neither my specified password or the default work!

I have tried the Power Off - Hold Function-Power On - Hold Function step about 7 or 8 times but I am still unable to get in using defaults

PLEASE HELP!

Re: Admin password not working on Buffalo LS Quad after Firmware upgrade

My best guess would be, the default user/pass combo changed in the new firmware... I'd suggest their own forums, as I'd doubt you'd be the only one with such an issue, if my guess is correct.
    My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
    Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
    Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Re: Admin password not working on Buffalo LS Quad after Firmware upgrade

Thanks for taking the time to reply dJabba - I have post on the Buffalo Forums

LS-QVL/R5 was in EM state so upgraded Firmware - n... - Buffalo Tech Forums

If I get a response that works I'll post back here and share the good news!

Comment

Working...
      X