SSDs Do have better performance than HDD with games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSDs Do have better performance than HDD with games

SSDs Do have better performance than HDD with games<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    This myth that SSDs don't work any better with games is not true at all. Granted, some games will not see a ton of benefit in terms of load times, but ALL games will load faster with an SSD, and some more than others will load MUCH faster. For example, I just reinstalled the original STALKER, which had crazy long load times, especially at the "Sychronizing Client Data" part. With my Renice SSD, the load times are much, much quicker than they ever were with the 150gb Velociraptor I had when I first played the game. I also reinstalled Far Cry 2, another game I initially played on the Vrap. Load times much improved. Like I said, there are some games (mostly online play) where you may see a load time advantage, but you still end up waiting for the slower HHD players anyway, so you still essentially are at the mercy of an HDD, lol. But almost every single player game is much improved.

Just google the renice SSD information. It's glaringly obvious better performance with games! <o:p></o:p>
Working...
X