Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iomega esata external harddrive will not work with my computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iomega esata external harddrive will not work with my computer.

I installed a pci sata card in my computer and it has external esata i know the internal esata works cuz im using it for a cd rom drive. But when i hook up my iomega 2tb esata to it then start the computer it takes a long time to load at the windows xp screen then freezes at a black screen. I am not sure what the problem is. The drive works fine using usb 2 but i really want to use the esata.

Re: Iomega esata external harddrive will not work with my computer.

Cmon please any assistance would be appreciated as i bought this drive for its esata functions.

Comment

I would first check for a driver issue with your onboard and add-in controllers. You stated that you have two eSATA ports, does it work in the other one?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisram View Post
        I would first check for a driver issue with your onboard and add-in controllers. You stated that you have two eSATA ports, does it work in the other one?
        Sorry i meant to say that the internal sata port works there is only one e sata port and it is external. Ive tried downloading all sorts of via drivers for this thing and the latest one i have allows me to start the computer with the drive running loads some programs and then just locks up completely. If i start the computer with the drive off then wait for it to load fully then turn the drive on It locks up for a while which i assume means its recognizing something then the VIA RAID tool i have gives me the message "No stand0alone disk and no usable disk array attached, please check if any disk array is broken". I know the drive isn't broken because it works fine using usb 2.0.

Comment

Working...
        X